Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Posting a picture on ima

tf

Post Tue, Aug 15 2017, 9:47 pm
How do I post a picture from my computer to imamother. I want to show something that I have a question about?

cbsp

Post Tue, Aug 15 2017, 11:51 pm
tf wrote:
How do I post a picture from my computer to imamother. I want to show something that I have a question about?

On a computer:
Underneath the message box where you type your message is a link that says "Upload Images"
When you click that you get a pop-up box with these instructions:
Upload Images
Images are hosted on Imgur.com. Click on upload. Choose image. Copy the link of the image that appears. Go back to your posting text box.

Click on "Images" and paste the web link in the popup field. You can also paste the link between the code [img]Link[/img].

So, in that pop-up box click the button that says "Upload" and select your image. Once it's uploaded to Imgur.com you'll be presented with a link to your image on that server. That's what you'll be putting in your post, so copy the link and paste it into your message, either by now clicking the "Post Image" button and pasting it there or just pasting the link between [img]Link to image url goes here [/img] directly in the message window.

I suggest previewing your post before submitting in case it didn't work.

tf

Post Wed, Aug 16 2017, 2:53 am
Thank you, I did it. When I previewed it, I only saw the link words in quotation marks. I didn't see the picture, so I didn't know whether it'll be the same after I hit submit, or will the system show the picture. Did you try it already? What happened?

cbsp

Post Wed, Aug 16 2017, 3:49 pm
tf wrote:
Thank you, I did it. When I previewed it, I only saw the link words in quotation marks. I didn't see the picture, so I didn't know whether it'll be the same after I hit submit, or will the system show the picture. Did you try it already? What happened?

Yup, I've done this many times. Why don't you try it on this thread and see if it works. If it doesn't then maybe I can see what went wrong based on your post (or point me to the thread on which you tried posting the image)

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Aug 16 2017, 7:08 pm
Why does it have to be so complicated? I can post a picture to Facebook with one click.

I never have figured out how to do it here, no matter how many ways I try it. Maybe I'm just stupid when it comes to these things. Confused

imasoftov

Post Fri, Sep 15 2017, 11:13 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Why does it have to be so complicated? I can post a picture to Facebook with one click.

Facebook has more programmers on staff than this site does.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics