Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
R' Fishel Hershkowitz

amother
Papaya

Post Fri, Sep 15 2017, 12:23 pm
Is he still alive? Is he still taking shaylos?

doctorima

Post Fri, Sep 15 2017, 12:25 pm
Unfortunately he was niftar a few months ago: http://hamodia.com/2017/05/28/.....-ztl/

amother
Papaya

Post Fri, Sep 15 2017, 12:43 pm
doctorima wrote:
Unfortunately he was niftar a few months ago: http://hamodia.com/2017/05/28/.....-ztl/

This makes me so sad. Who will I turn to now?

amother
Red

Post Fri, Sep 15 2017, 1:20 pm
I know he has a son that answers shaylos but I don't have any contact info

amother
Papaya

Post Sat, Sep 16 2017, 11:23 pm
R' Fishel helped me navigate some difficult times.
One time I went to him to discuss an issue I was having with my parents. My family's tradition is to wear a shpitzel (zadens- or front bangs), with a teechel. I had a few little kids and the teechel was becoming a hassle so I switched to a hat/beret.
My parents had a fit and tension erupted. I didn't want to cause pain to my parents, so switched back to a teechel. It continued to be a hassle for me, so I made an appointment to meet with R' Fishel to discuss the matter.
I told him I didn't want to hurt my parents, and that I want to wear a hat, possibly not wear a hat at all, as I want to be comfortable. R' Fishel said I should not worry about hurting my parents, that I should do what I need to do to feel comfortable.
That a man of his stature could tell me that it's ok to be comfortable, even when doing so causes pain to my parents, was meaningful to me.
Over the years he helped me with various life challenges. He was a gem of a dayan.
He will be sorely missed.

cnc

Post Sun, Sep 17 2017, 1:14 am
FWIH, he was a very special person.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics