Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Gift for my sister in Queens -- need some info

cityofgold

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 1:32 am
I want to send my sister a gift certificate for a night out with her husband.

She lives in Queens. Do you know
a) which restaurant I should contact, and
b) the going hourly rate for babysitting?

Thanks!

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 1:42 pm
We love Hapisgah in Queens and it's decently priced. Good food, nice crowd. Bedford is also good but the food can be inconsistent ... ambience is great and edgy so if she is into style and trends that would be a good choice. It's expensive.

Babysitting is around $12/$13 an hour for a high school girl and up to $15 an hour for a college girl - that's what I pay - people can correct me if I am wrong.

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 2:43 pm
Op
Are you my sister? That's very sweet of you! You just made my day! I love you. But I have a feeling your not my sister Mad
Your sister is sure lucky.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 2:50 pm
amother wrote:
We love Hapisgah in Queens and it's decently priced. Good food, nice crowd. Bedford is also good but the food can be inconsistent ... ambience is great and edgy so if she is into style and trends that would be a good choice. It's expensive.

Babysitting is around $12/$13 an hour for a high school girl and up to $15 an hour for a college girl - that's what I pay - people can correct me if I am wrong.

We love Bedford. Never had a bad meal, but maybe the inconsistency has worked in our favor! Never been to Haspigah, but friends who have rave about it as well.

mha3484

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 2:55 pm
If she is an adventurous eater, I like to oogle the photos of Marani on the kosher restaurant facebook group. The photos people post always look so yummy. If I ever get to take my eating tour of NY haha I want to go there.

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 3:07 pm
Another vote for hapisga.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 3:09 pm
mha3484 wrote:
If she is an adventurous eater, I like to oogle the photos of Marani on the kosher restaurant facebook group. The photos people post always look so yummy. If I ever get to take my eating tour of NY haha I want to go there.

And we also have friends who like Marani.

simba

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 3:23 pm
If you are looking to adopt a sister I am available. I live in Brooklyn and would be happy to give suggestions to make it easier for you!

cityofgold

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 4:49 pm
Thank you for the suggestions! And the babysitter price range, that's also really helpful.

Re the adoption offers... Smile we live in Israel and my sister has been so graciously handling a lot of health issues with our grandmother while my husband and I can't do anything, so I want to send her something to say how much I appreciate the amount of time she pours into this while we can't help. Really, I'm the lucky one!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries