Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Cucumber Salad

pleaseadvice

Post Mon, Sep 20 2010, 10:27 pm
Please post a good recipe for cucumber salad? Many use lots of sugar any suggestion for a sugar replacement?

thanks,

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Mon, Sep 20 2010, 10:41 pm
my recipe is one c vinegar and half c sugar but I know someone who subs splenda for the sugar...

ra_mom

Post Tue, Sep 21 2010, 12:15 am
I don't go for very vinegary cucumber salad, and make mine with lemon juice, sugar and salt. I use Sweet & Low instead of sugar when I need to. If you need measurements, let me know (but I know my recipe is unconventional.)

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Tue, Sep 21 2010, 12:38 am
Sweet Valley Gal wrote:
my recipe is one c vinegar and half c sugar but I know someone who subs splenda for the sugar...
o my I just realized I said the recipe wrong... its half cup sugar with half cup vinegar. not one cup vinegar

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Tue, Sep 21 2010, 12:40 am
Sweet Valley Gal wrote:
Sweet Valley Gal wrote:
o my I just realized I said the recipe wrong... its half cup sugar with half cup vinegar. not one cup vinegar
one more thing. I cut the cucumbers thinly with an onion then I put it into a storage bag and sprinkle some salt on it. put in fridge for a few hours or until ready to make it and drain the water out. then make the dressing and pour over it. sorry abt all the posts I just forgot abt this part!

anotherima

Post Tue, Sep 19 2017, 6:47 am
ra_mom wrote:
I don't go for very vinegary cucumber salad, and make mine with lemon juice, sugar and salt. I use Sweet & Low instead of sugar when I need to. If you need measurements, let me know (but I know my recipe is unconventional.)

I know this is old but does anyone have a recipe for cucumber salad without vinegar and using lemon juice?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Sep 19 2017, 7:28 am
Just swap out your regular recipe.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Sep 19 2017, 8:43 am
My dad has a sweet and vinegar (sugar and vinegar) recipe, with dill, from his grandmother zal. He says to add to taste.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes