Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays
Heating food on 3 day Yomtov without using gas flame

curlyhead

Post Tue, Sep 19 2017, 4:25 am
I am too nervous to leave gas flame on due to carbon monoxide poisoning and fire hazard. For yomtov I have been putting on a 2 burner hotplate on a timer for about 45 min to heat up food at night (soup and maybe chicken/sidedish) and during the day we will have something in the crockpot such as roast and potatoes.
This Yomtov it is more complicated with 3 day yomtov. For Shabbos I will have to heat up food about 30 min before candle lighting and then have it on for at least 2h 15 min. I am a bit nervous to leave it on so long esp the 2nd day we cant heat up food till its dark so it cant even go off earlier.
What do you do or recommend? Just leave it? I do have a bit of PTSD from fire and gas.

Raisin

Post Tue, Sep 19 2017, 5:04 am
you could buy sternos to keep the food hot.

Have a plata on a timer - once soup or food is heated place on plata.

I think its fine to have the electric ring on a timer for 2 hours though. Especially if you are around.

smile18

Post Tue, Sep 19 2017, 9:26 am
Using a hotplate to warm up food is a good choice. You can set a timer to turn on for few hrs when warming up, and then set it to go off

bargainlover

Post Tue, Sep 19 2017, 9:55 am
How would I heat food up on a hot plate? Directly on hot plate? For how many hours ?

smile18

Post Tue, Sep 19 2017, 10:10 am
Yes. Directly on hotplate. Every hotplate works differently.Just leave it there until it heats up. Doesn't have to be for hrs.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics