Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Poor Melania
1  2  3  4  Next

pause

Post Tue, Sep 19 2017, 9:22 am
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/.....c2f77

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Sep 19 2017, 10:09 am
I can't open this. I'm curious. Can you distill a few points? (Not that we can't come up with some of our own.)

zaq

Post Tue, Sep 19 2017, 10:17 am
Melanie introduces DT as next speaker. He comes to the podium, shakes her hand, then nudges her aside and tells her, audibly, "you go sit down now" and continues to push her away. Whatta guy. Revenge for that time she slapped his hand away, maybe.

Blue jay

Post Tue, Sep 19 2017, 2:47 pm
Poor Melania?

Kol Ha Kavod! Melania!

For connecting with young children and for giving hope to flood victims and yes (deep breath everyone) changing her shoes to visit a disaster zone Rolling Eyes

I quote PEGGY NOONAN a newsworthy source and not Jimmy Kimmel (who needs new material) here ( Wall Street Journal)
From this past weekend:

Article erased, Misquoted.....

Last edited by Blue jay on Tue, Sep 19 2017, 4:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Sep 19 2017, 3:00 pm
QueenBee3 wrote:
Poor Melania?

Kol Ha Kavod! Melania!

For connecting with young children and for giving hope to flood victims and yes (deep breath everyone) changing her shoes to visit a disaster zone Rolling Eyes

I quote PEGGY NOONAN a newsworthy source and not Jimmy Kimmel (who needs new material) here ( Wall Street Journal)
From this past weekend:

" I saw this. The exhausted woman on the shelter cot was surrounded by stressed children when Melania came over. "How are you doing?" The woman said, "Well Hurricane..." She realized who she was talking to and got flustered. "Those are nice shoes" she said. They were flat ankle boots, the kind you wear on the street or the park only of the finest leather. "Thank you" said Melania. She saw the woman's soggy sneakers. "What size do you wear?" She asked "Oh, 9" said the woman. "They got bigger with the kids"
Melania took off her boots and put them on the woman's feet. She did this in a way that was turned away from the press, so they wouldn't see...

WADR, did you read the entire column? It was Noonan's fantasy of how Trump and his wife should act, among other things, not a reference to actual events.

The column was Under Anesthesia, Everything Was Beautiful, and ended with "I should note—this part is true—that I saw much of it while anesthetized for a minor surgical procedure. For an hour afterward, even knowing it was either a fantasy or a dream, I felt so . . . hopeful. Cheerful. Proud. I give it to you."

My favorite part:

Quote:
This happened just before the Mnuchin story got cleared up. The Treasury secretary had not asked for a government plane to take him on his honeymoon. His request got all bollixed up in transmission, but there was a paper trail. It turned out he was waiting at the airport with his new wife when he saw a guy in Army fatigues comforting a young woman in a white and yellow dress. She was crying. Mr. Mnuchin sent over an aide to find out what’s wrong.

The guy in fatigues had literally just flown in from Kabul. He and the woman had just married, in a chapel down the street. They’d been bumped from their honeymoon flight to Bermuda. Mr. Mnuchin said: “Give them my plane. Louise—we’re flying commercial.” They booked seats on the next flight to France and went to duty free, where they bought the best champagne and placed it in her Hermès bag. They wrote a note: “Every soldier on leave deserves a honeymoon, every bride deserves champagne.” The couple discovered the bag on the plush leather seat just as the pilot was saying: “Please be seated and buckle up, we’ve got special clearance.”

She gets in her licks at Hilary Clinton as well.

For those who want to read it, without a pay wall, see https://www.investorvillage.co.....27852

Blue jay

Post Tue, Sep 19 2017, 3:10 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

For those who want to read it, without a pay wall, see https://www.investorvillage.co.....27852

I'm sorry,you are right, I did not read the article correctly.

Blue jay

Post Tue, Sep 19 2017, 3:11 pm
But Im still giving Melania a "Kol Ha Kavod" Smile

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Sep 19 2017, 3:14 pm
zaq wrote:
Melanie introduces DT as next speaker. He comes to the podium, shakes her hand, then nudges her aside and tells her, audibly, "you go sit down now" and continues to push her away. Whatta guy. Revenge for that time she slapped his hand away, maybe.

She married him with full knowledge of who he is. She could divorce him if she wanted to. She apparently doesn't want to. I'm not going to delve into their relationship. Maybe that's how they like it.

zaq

Post Tue, Sep 19 2017, 3:29 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
She married him with full knowledge of who he is. She could divorce him if she wanted to. She apparently doesn't want to. I'm not going to delve into their relationship. Maybe that's how they like it.

I'm neither defending nor decrying Melania. I'm describing the episode to a poster who couldn't open the video. I am, however, decrying DT. If I had written a novel featuring a POTUS like DT it would have been summarily rejected by every publisher in town, and every editor would have advised me to make my character someone who was at least mildly presidential.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Sep 19 2017, 3:36 pm
He's extremely rude to her in public. Not the way a normal president would treat his wife. I really wonder what goes on in their home.
I'm starting to believe speculations that he abuses her (or at the very least mistreats her)
I wasn't an Obama fan but the way he treated his wife is admirable. Like she was a queen.

WhatFor

Post Tue, Sep 19 2017, 3:49 pm
QueenBee3 wrote:
Poor Melania?

Kol Ha Kavod! Melania!

From this past weekend:

" I saw this. The exhausted woman on the shelter cot was surrounded by stressed children when Melania came over. "How are you doing?" The woman said, "Well Hurricane..." She realized who she was talking to and got flustered. "Those are nice shoes" she said. They were flat ankle boots, the kind you wear on the street or the park only of the finest leather. "Thank you" said Melania. She saw the woman's soggy sneakers. "What size do you wear?" She asked "Oh, 9" said the woman. "They got bigger with the kids"
Melania took off her boots and put them on the woman's feet. She did this in a way that was turned away from the press, so they wouldn't see...

Since your post got two likes, and it is actually a made up story, I would recommend adding a little edit on top noting that the story is actually an author's fantasy. To avoid the unintended spreading of "fake news".

Post Tue, Sep 19 2017, 3:52 pm
zaq wrote:
I'm neither defending nor decrying Melania. I'm describing the episode to a poster who couldn't open the video. I am, however, decrying DT. If I had written a novel featuring a POTUS like DT it would have been summarily rejected by every publisher in town, and every editor would have advised me to make my character someone who was at least mildly presidential.

The thing is DT is like presidents were before media scrutiny. Many of them were crude and ruthless. They were not "presidential."

Many candidates portray an image. Many didn't actually live up to that image.

causemommysaid

Post Tue, Sep 19 2017, 7:02 pm
Come on, this is nothing new. They both get something out of the relationship. He gets eye candy half his age and she gets a luxurious life and a huge trust fund for her child. Their marriage was never about love or respect.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Sep 19 2017, 7:24 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

As I was reading your post, not having put it all together (that it was a dream) all I could think was, I doubt Melania wears size 9.

Jeanette

Post Wed, Sep 20 2017, 12:47 am
QueenBee3 wrote:

From this past weekend:

Article erased, Misquoted.....

I feel like I'm living in a weird alternate universe where Jimmy Kimmel is bashed as an out-of-touch Hollywood elitist for arguing that ordinary Americans should get the same healthcare as his own son.

Mommyg8

Post Wed, Sep 20 2017, 12:58 am
Jeanette wrote:
I feel like I'm living in a weird alternate universe where Jimmy Kimmel is bashed as an out-of-touch Hollywood elitist for arguing that ordinary Americans should get the same healthcare as his own son.

I don't agree. This is a free country, and ordinary Americans have access to the same healthcare as his own son - they just have to pay for it. What's going to happen here is that this country is going to turn into socialized medicine - kill off the old people, huge waiting lists for procedures that are not an emergency...

There is no such thing as free healthcare. There is no such thing as free anything. Someone always has to pay, and my feeling is it won't be Warren Buffet.

Jeanette

Post Wed, Sep 20 2017, 1:11 am
Mommyg8 wrote:
I don't agree. This is a free country, and ordinary Americans have access to the same healthcare as his own son - they just have to pay for it. What's going to happen here is that this country is going to turn into socialized medicine - kill off the old people, huge waiting lists for procedures that are not an emergency...

There is no such thing as free healthcare. There is no such thing as free anything. Someone always has to pay, and my feeling is it won't be Warren Buffet.

Does Israel kill off all its old people? Scratching Head

Mommyg8

Post Wed, Sep 20 2017, 1:27 am
Jeanette wrote:
Does Israel kill off all its old people? Scratching Head

No, but Israel is different, right? Tongue Out Tongue Out

Europe is killing off it's old people, and the United States is only two steps behind. Speak to someone who is in this industry - I have heard this from doctors and nurses who work with geriatrics, and I have heard stories from people who's parents were basically killed off.

Once healthcare becomes government, and is not a private insurance that you pay for, you start having zero control over the rules. (Not like you have tons of control, but in a market economy the insurance companies do try to hide their tracks).

It's a well known secret that one of the ways that Obama was planning to fund his healthcare system was in cutting care for the terminally ill - you know, the last six months of a person's life is the most expensive, so why not encourage someone who is dying anyway that they want a "death with dignity" - and "encouragement" can easily turn into coercion, etc.

I'm too tired to explain this better, if you want, I can post again tomorrow.

Raisin

Post Wed, Sep 20 2017, 4:41 am
Mommyg8 wrote:

Europe is killing off it's old people, and the United States is only two steps behind. Speak to someone who is in this industry - I have heard this from doctors and nurses who work with geriatrics, and I have heard stories from people who's parents were basically killed off.

Once healthcare becomes government, and is not a private insurance that you pay for, you start having zero control over the rules. (Not like you have tons of control, but in a market economy the insurance companies do try to hide their tracks).

It's a well known secret that one of the ways that Obama was planning to fund his healthcare system was in cutting care for the terminally ill - you know, the last six months of a person's life is the most expensive, so why not encourage someone who is dying anyway that they want a "death with dignity" - and "encouragement" can easily turn into coercion, etc.

It's definitely a better idea to fund care for older people while insurance premiums get too high for young people to pay so they go uninsured. I mean, who needs that 35 year old mother of 4 or the 49 year old who lost his job so he has no insurance? Never mind 6 months, they will lose years of their life if they can't get the cancer or diabetes treatment they need.

petiteruchy

Post Wed, Sep 20 2017, 7:00 am
Mommyg8 wrote:

You realize that old people in the us are already on socialized medicine, right?

Honestly, you Americans and your ridiculous resistance to a health care system that works... eventually people are just going to walk away and stop trying to explain it to you.

Anecdotes are not data, but even so, for every one of your supposed doctors and nurses hating on health care systems that actually provide care for all citizens, I have a dozen that say the opposite. Plus there's the data. You're right, nothing is free. We all pay for our health care, we've just managed not to do it on the backs of the already sick, the poor or the unemployed. Taxes will go up. But you're already paying for your health care, and dollar for dollar, getting less.

So fine, stick your heads in the sand and pretend it's the only possible way. Meanwhile, we'll be over here, enjoying our boring routine preventative care and death panels.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics