Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Any cornish hen recipes out there??

isrmss91

Post Wed, Sep 20 2017, 12:26 am
I usually make Roast for Yom Tov or Shabbos because my family are not big chicken eaters. I figured we would have the hens instead of one big chicken for those who may want a little. I've never made cornish hens before. I bought 2. If you have a great recipe, with out
the use of lemons or vinegar(don't use those on R'H), it would be very appreciated.

simba

Post Wed, Sep 20 2017, 1:54 am
From today's whisk by ami. There is another one in the BAIS Yaakov cookbook that I believe is similar.

2 tbsp olive oil
3 Cornish hens
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried or fresh thyme leaves
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp pepper

1. Preheat oven to 350
Rub mustard and spices over the Cornish hen
2. Heat olive oils in skillet over medium heat. Add cornished hens and sear the hens until browned on all sides.
3. Place hens in a baking pan and transfer pans to the oven
4. Roast the Cornish hens for 45 minutes to 1houror until an instant read thermometer in the thigh registers at 165
5. Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes before carving

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Sep 20 2017, 7:30 am
The one in the by cookbook has duck sauce, garlic, garlic powder, oregano and paprika. Bake covered at 350 for 45 min then uncovered another 45 min.

You can search kosher.com; there's another one or two recipes on there

shanie5

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 9:24 pm
You can cook cornish hens the same way you do any other chicken. Any spices or sauces (or bread and bake them) that you normally like. If they're big, we cut them in half.

L K

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 9:28 pm
I cut them open, lay out flat and broil on high. About 15 min on each side. Positively delicious.
Eta you may want to add a bit of water to the pan to prevent fat and skin from burning and sticking to the bottom of the pan.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Sep 26 2017, 12:14 am
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey