Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
The old Strauss bakery

amother
Amber

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 10:10 pm
Anyone remember the old Strauss bakery on 13 Ave in boro park Brooklyn.?
I'm desperately trying make their delicious banana cake they used have .. It was little bit nutty and layers of cream and cream on top.. Ugh it was heaven!!
But this was like a long long time ago when they had a small bakery.. They dnt make it anymore. I actually asked them to try and make one for me but it was completey different..
Anyone, anyone at all knw the recipe or something close to it? Or will this forever just be a memory Sad Sad Sad
(Anon cuz I was asking this IRL to ppl)

studying_torah

Post Mon, May 18 2015, 11:01 pm
Yes I remember the old tiny bakery before they moved! Went there as a kid- with the glass case of different cakes right near the door🍰🎂
And it smelled so good!
Sorry I don't know that recipe...

amother
Ecru

Post Sat, Sep 23 2017, 10:55 pm
I used to love that cake. The owner promised me that if I ordered a whole sheet he would make it for me. But my kids wanted to surprise me recently and tried to speak to the manager but he refused to make it even for $100. Wonder how we can get the recipe. It had a walnut cream and it was really delicious.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen