Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Chloent using crockpot insert in oven

Shendellah

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 10:07 am
Has anyone ever tried using a crockpot insert for cholent on a 3 day YT? Is it safe to use the ceramic insert in the oven? Are there any halachic issues pertaining to put in uncooked cholent Friday afternoon and removing on Shabbos afternoon? If this would work...how would you do it? Cook it for a few hours at what temp before Shabbos? And leave it at what temp during Shabbos? I feel like there got to be an issue with this since I have not seen this done before...

ra_mom

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 10:35 am
Don't use the crock insert with any heating element besides the one it comes with. It can crack.
You can use a baking pan in the oven for your cholent.
You can put it in raw, and depending on your oven, leave it at approximately 200 until shabbos lunch. Make sure you use enough water.

Blessing1

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 11:25 am
You can use a regular foil pan -bekala. I use 2.

Blumy

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 11:34 am
I use a regular pot and bake it at 225. on rosh hashana we put it up friday afternoon and cooked it till the next day

chicco

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 11:45 am
I accidentally cracked a crockpot insert by turning a small flame on underneath it. I wouldn't risk it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus