Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
NP salary

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 8:49 pm
Hi, just wondering if anyone can share the starting salary and highest potential salary of an NP. Can you pls include type of NP, state and setting (acute care, sub-acute, outpatient etc.) im a nurse in acute care and debating between NP and CRNA. I understand that CRNA is more lucrative but would like to hear more specifics regarding salary of NP. TIA!

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 9:58 pm
I was making $120k in NYC as an NP (outpatient specialty practice). Moved to PA, now making $100k in primary care practice, but with cost of living being a lot lower coming out even or ahead.

Being shomer shabbos in the medical profession is hard in general, but especially for CRNAs.

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 10:04 pm
Thank you so much for your response. I haven't thought about being on call on Shabbos as a CRNA. Thank you for bringing that to my attention. Do you know if salary is highest or lowest in one particular setting?

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 10:24 pm
Hospital jobs generally are higher paying with better benefits but also more competitive.

It's important to think about what your goals are and what you're really interested in doing rather than where you will make the most money. Also consider that life doesn't always follow a predictable path and you may end up going in a direction you never expected.

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 11:23 pm
Acute care NP in the hospital setting in Maryland. 36 hrs/week. 110k was my starting salary, but I can theoretically make more if I wanted to pick up extra shifts. This is about average for this area and inpatient setting, but keep in mind that the cost of living and therefore salaries are significantly higher in NY.
I strongly considered crna as well, but for lifestyle reasons decided to go the acnp route. Love what I do, so happy with my choice.

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 11:57 pm
I'm a CRNA. I've found that salaries are slightly lower in Manhattan than in NYC suburbs, and higher still the further afield you're willing to go.

Shabbos has never ever been a problem. You're an RN already, I'm sure you've had the conversation about being willing to work more Sundays to make up for Saturdays. It's the same thing as a CRNA
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics