Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
"I'm hungry"

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 11:03 pm
What food do you have your kitchen stocked with, so there's always food that your kids like to eat, when they are hungry between meals, or don't like what's for dinner?

Moonlight

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 11:06 pm
I always have fresh fruit, Vegies, and cheese available for snacking as wanted. Also dry fruit/raisins/applesauce.
Before bed time/after dinner, if they are still hungry I have crackers and healthier cake, rice cake, whOle wheat pretzles.

If they don't like dinner, AND I feel it's reasonable based on what I'm serving, they can have peanut butter sandwich or non-sugar cereal with milk

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Sep 26 2017, 12:17 am
We always have a bowl of fruits/banana, and a bowl of nuts/raisins on the table.

dovebird

Post Tue, Sep 26 2017, 12:51 am
Cereal and milk. Yogurt. Whole wheat muffins. String cheese. Fruit ave vegetables on the table cut up so they actually eat it- if it's in the fridge they won't touch it. Pb and j. Pizza bagels in the freezer. Chips. Popcorn. Pretzels.

emunahmother

Post Tue, Sep 26 2017, 3:28 am
The same as above poster. Plus I also like to have something homebaked, be it cake or cookies. Because I'd rather them eat that then store bought if that's what they really want. But many times I find that if they tell me that and I offer a fruit or veggie or even a drink - they will go with that instead.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children