Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Breathable tights/socks

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 2:29 pm
I usually wear long skirts with short socks and sneakers that fit orthotics so no cute ones, but finding skirts that work aren't easy since many maxi skirts are too long Sad I like to cover my legs for tznius reasons but sensory wise I have a hard time with stuff on my feet.
I don't want nylon tights because I have toe fungus and the podiatrist said that nylon tights aren't breathable enough.
I tried putting cotton knee highs on today and felt so claustrophic so I took them off and put crew socks but they also felt too warm in this weather just more bearable.
I've tried buying leggings but they weren't comfortable either. It's hard to find ones that aren't too long etc. I'm 5"4 not even so short.
For shirts I live in modal pea bea and jae shells otherwise I feel claustrophobic. I wish I could find something like that for tights...
I wear orthotics and only really feel comfortable when I'm wearing sneakers. Can anyone relate? Any advice on how to look put together with all those restrictions especially when it's still hot where I live Sad

mha3484

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 3:35 pm
I switched from nylon knee nights to trouser socks this summer. They dont rip like the knee highs and I like that my legs are more covered. They are a mix of nylon and spandex but I think they definitely breathe better then nylon tights.

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 3:44 pm
op here- I used to wear those and still do on shabbos... I find that they sometimes pinch at the band and other times fall down- its hard to find the perfect pair and even then I don't really feel like they breathe...

Iymnok

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 3:50 pm
Try sporting goods stores. They have thin socks, but I'm not sure how much higher than the ankle they'd go.
Also try chassidish men's stockings. They may be loose enough to be wearable for you.

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 4:03 pm
mha3484-what brand do you like?
interesting idea about chassidsh men's socks- would that be considered beged ish Wink can I buy them online- we don't really have that locally....

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 8:16 pm
I have super sensory issues as of the past few years. I wear organic cotton leggings from Forever 21. If too long, you can bend at hem, or have seamstress cut it for you. A pair is 5.90

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 8:32 pm
op here- wow that really is cheap! I plan on going to forever 21 and checking it out. when I tried online I couldn't seem to find it? I remembered seeing it mentioned on a different thread here. can you fold at the hem and it look normal? could I just cut it myself if I'm wearing socks over the bottom?

let say I go with that- help me put together an outfit?
lets say I wear a brown based multi colored sleeveless shirt, brown shell and a jean skirt do I then wear brown leggings and white socks with white sneakers? or black leggings with black sneakers? does it look weird if the skirt is a midi skirt? I only wear skirts that cover with leeway, I like to be able to move and sit without worrying about it riding up.
thank you!

ra_mom

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 9:25 pm
If you need socks without a seam line at the toes, some of the memoi lines are made that way.

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 9:50 pm
I haven't seen them in store, though maybe I didn't do a proper search.. Online, type "organic cotton ' in the search box and it will come up.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 11:59 pm
condor brand has modal knee socks. I think they're a little too soft but others seem to like it. I prefer a modal blend, Hue brand makes a good modal blend, I like the feel better but everyone has their own sensory preference.
they also sell modal blend tights. I haven't tried it yet so I can't tell you how they feel, but it looks like an interesting option: https://www.amazon.com/Womens-.....psc=1

Smile1234

Post Tue, Sep 26 2017, 4:02 am
Condor modal knee socks! Not cheap but so comfortable! (I think hanging to dry extends their life span)

Memoi makes a cheaper version but they are not as comfy and rub out much quicker.

DrMom

Post Tue, Sep 26 2017, 4:36 am
For short socks, try running socks (available at sports stores) make of sweat-wicking fibers such as CoolMax.

http://www.ladyfootlocker.com/.....13xz0
http://www.newbalance.com/wome.....ks-1/

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Sep 26 2017, 7:37 am
I think I'll save the tights for when we are a little wealthier Wink but the socks look great! I didn't see condor socks on amazon do you know where I can buy them?

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Sep 26 2017, 8:58 am
also if anyone can "put together" an outfit for me that includes newbalance walking sneakers- think the clunky type I would great appreciate it!

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Sep 26 2017, 10:14 am
orange- it didn't come up when I did the search...

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Sep 26 2017, 10:51 am
amother wrote:
orange- it didn't come up when I did the search...

I'm assuming you searched on the Forever 21 Sure? Maybe try a search for organic cotton leggings?

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Sep 26 2017, 10:55 am
I did...

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Sep 26 2017, 11:06 am
amother wrote:
I did...

I'm sorry it's not working for you. I just ordered another pair online without a hitch.

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Sep 26 2017, 11:07 am
do you mind posting the link? thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics