Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Will Kiryas Yoel be next?

doctorima

Post Tue, Sep 26 2017, 1:21 pm
http://www.vosizneias.com/2811.....time/

InnerMe

Post Tue, Sep 26 2017, 1:27 pm
I wouldn't go so far as to bet Kiryas Yoel.. First BP and Williamsburg. But for now, even that is unlikely to happen very soon, unfortunately.

happy12

Post Tue, Sep 26 2017, 1:54 pm
I have driven on KJ a few times.
Though I'm not chasidish so nobody cared.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Sep 26 2017, 1:58 pm
InnerMe wrote:
I wouldn't go so far as to bet Kiryas Yoel.. First BP and Williamsburg. But for now, even that is unlikely to happen very soon, unfortunately.

I didn't know that there were restrictions in BP.

InnerMe

Post Tue, Sep 26 2017, 2:37 pm
There are technically no restrictions...but it is frowned upon, since the rabbanim don't think it is ideal.
It would be great if rabbanim can come out with a clear consensus that this is ok, as the initial reasoning doesn't apply today. But alas..

ra_mom

Post Tue, Sep 26 2017, 2:48 pm
InnerMe wrote:
There are technically no restrictions...but it is frowned upon, since the rabbanim don't think it is ideal.
It would be great if rabbanim can come out with a clear consensus that this is ok, as the initial reasoning doesn't apply today. But alas..

Never heard of it! Born and bred.
I've seen some women in certain chassiduses not drive because it's not done in their circles but I've never seen a restriction in the neighborhood. Half the drivers here are women. The women I know drive as well.

ETA: I've never seen any neighborhood wise restrictions at all. There are all sorts of hechsherim here from cholov stam to cholov yisroel to Israeli Badatz, OU, etc. Meat and poultry by David Elliot, Kiryas Yoel, Chabad...

InnerMe

Post Tue, Sep 26 2017, 11:05 pm
Ramom, I actually live there too. In retrospect I realize my post could've been offensive. I apologize for that.

imasoftov

Post Wed, Sep 27 2017, 6:23 am
InnerMe wrote:

Previous discussions here have attempted to discover said "initial reasoning" but other than a report that the Satmarer asked women not to drive, without a reason attached, we're in the dark. It's entirely possible that there was a reason, but it takes longer to arrive here than for a thread asking for it to be locked.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Sep 27 2017, 6:25 am
InnerMe wrote:
Ramom, I actually live there too. In retrospect I realize my post could've been offensive. I apologize for that.

Not offensive. I just felt it was inaccurate.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics