Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Frum clothing store in Manhattan? plus more...

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Sep 27 2017, 1:02 pm
Going to be in NYC after yamim tovim for a few days for work. I don't have extra time between/after meetings to go into Brooklyn.

Are there any Jewish clothing stores in Manhattan? I will be on the UWS I think, possibly lower. Also restaurants where I can grab something quick like coffee and a sandwich/soup/salad would be helpful as well.

Yet another question: Depending on how I arrange my meetings, I may try to spend an extra night and use that time to go to Brooklyn where the better shopping is. Does it make sense to stay at a hotel in Brooklyn that extra night? Are there any nice hotels in Brooklyn and how long does it take to get there from Manhattan? I'm not used to being without a car but for obvious reasons will be taking public transportation.

Thanks NY ladies!

self-actualization

Post Wed, Sep 27 2017, 1:14 pm
There is no frum clothing store in Manhattan that I know of, unfortunately. I really wish there were one in midtown.

Your best bet is to do the day in Brooklyn ... stay at the Avenue Plaza hotel in Boro Park which is frum and has kosher food. Then take a cab to Coney Island Avenue in Flatbush. I don't know the popular stores there but maybe other posters can help you out.

Brooklyn is an hour away from Manhattan by train.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Sep 27 2017, 1:22 pm
Avenue Plaza is great and is right on 13th Ave so you can just do all your shopping near there

ra_mom

Post Wed, Sep 27 2017, 2:33 pm
I agree with trying to stay on 13th Ave in Brooklyn for a night and shopping there. Let us know what you need to shop for and we can probably direct you to shops right along 13th Ave.
There's a nice little Italian dairy restaurant, Noi Due on the UWS. There are many more places too so maybe open a thread with an 'UWS places to eat' header to attract more suggestions.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries