Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Anyone with a child on Keppra meds?

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Sep 27 2017, 10:24 pm
Do any of you have a child who takes Keppra?
I am wondering if it was effective for you child and if your child had any side effects.
Any information would be helpful. Thank you!

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Sep 27 2017, 11:09 pm
Husband on it for 13+ years.

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Sep 27 2017, 11:14 pm
Does he suffer from side effects?
Did he ever have a seizure while on this medication?

mama2

Post Wed, Sep 27 2017, 11:24 pm
I've been on it for almost 3 years. BH no side effects. Hope everything works out for your child Smile

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Sep 27 2017, 11:25 pm
I don't think so. As far as having seizures he had 4 in total over all the years but he thinks it was when he skipped his medications but he was never 100% certain. Either way the med seem very effective. He takes 1500mg before bedtime.

cmalky

Post Thu, Sep 28 2017, 1:01 am
My husband is on it for quite a few years. It doesn't have any side effects BH but it also hasn't worked the way we wanted. He had a couple of seizures while on the meds but none of the others are options at this point. His dr is very helpful and keeps readjusting the dose. From what I understand, it's one of those meds that the dose can vary drastically from person to person so there's usually options of changing and so far it's working for us.

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Sep 28 2017, 10:55 am
Thank you all for your responses! I am looking for a child that is on Keppra. Anyone?

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Oct 01 2017, 7:29 pm
just bringing this question up front. I would love to know if someone knows of any child on Keppra?

anonymous18

Post Wed, Oct 11 2017, 9:12 am
Yes, my 2 year old is on keppra for the last year and a half. He started on keppra but was still having seizures so we had to add more meds. The only side effect that we noticed was some irritability

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Oct 11 2017, 11:37 am
My 22 month old has been on keppra for the last 10 months. She has had her dose escalated a couple of times when she had had prolonged seizures. We don't see any side effects. (She is generally easy going and any crankiness I think is just normal toddler behavior). She also takes pyrodoxine (vitamin b6) which can be a mood stabilizer.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics