Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Can I text my apology?

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Sep 27 2017, 10:29 pm
I was going to use the service of a neighbor of mine, but they kept delaying so (after asking advice of a rav) I cancelled on them and used someone else.
The service was a large one with two parts: a large part ($2500 cost) and a smaller part ($500 cost). I felt bad cancelling entirely so I said I would use their smaller service.
However, my husband did not agree with me and wanted me to cancel that, too. (So that we could use someone more professional. His reasoning was that once we are paying the other, more expensive service provider, we should have them do both jobs because they do a more professional job.)
So I cancelled the smaller job too, I think my husband was actually the one who called to let them know. It was a civil conversation but they were definitely upset that we cancelled.
Can I send a text apologizing or is that super rude?

Rachel Shira

Post Wed, Sep 27 2017, 10:38 pm
You don't need to apologize at all. You did nothing wrong, and business is business.

ruchelbuckle

Post Wed, Sep 27 2017, 10:47 pm
I dont know if you need to apologize or not, but if you decide you should, definitely do NOT text an apology. Ich! It's really not a nice thing to do

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Sep 27 2017, 10:54 pm
You did nothing wrong, but it can be very "right" to be the bigger man.

Maybe give them a call and smooth things over, but not apologizing.

simba

Post Wed, Sep 27 2017, 10:56 pm
Sure..

Hi Leah, thanks for the time you put into my order..I feel bad that it didn't work out in the end. Thanks again.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Sep 27 2017, 11:02 pm
Simba,

You obviously lack diplomacy if that is the only way you can think of to communicate.

das

Post Wed, Sep 27 2017, 11:05 pm
amother wrote:
Simba,

You obviously lack diplomacy if that is the only way you can think of to communicate.

...and so do you, if this is the only way you can think of to communicate: insult under amother

simba

Post Wed, Sep 27 2017, 11:06 pm
amother wrote:
Simba,

Please don't insult as amother. This is not the intimacy section, if you feel differently the post a reply stating your opinion. Hence the term "open forum"
Nowhere did I state that this is the only way.
She asked if she could text, I showed her how she could. This is not her spouse, she doesn't need to look him in the eye when apologizing.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Sep 27 2017, 11:09 pm
I apologize. It was my mistake.

I thought you were mocking my comment about being the bigger man.

Thought the "sure" was sarcastic, and that you were saying the rest as in a snooty tone.

simba

Post Wed, Sep 27 2017, 11:12 pm
amother wrote:
I apologize. It was my mistake.

I thought you were mocking my comment about being the bigger man.

Thought the "sure" was sarcastic, and that you were saying the rest as in a snooty tone.

Forgiven!

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Sep 27 2017, 11:26 pm
Smile

Simba, I think you and I just answered OP's question about texting...

I think, in general, text is risky, because we are missing out on tonal and facial cues, so the imagination kicks in and takes over. When someone is already sensitive, that can lead them to unhappy places.

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Sep 27 2017, 11:51 pm
If it is a neighbor, do you never bump into her?? Smile, say Hello.(say) Hope there is no hard feelings that order didn't work out . Wanna wish you a Gmar Chasima tova. How's your mom doing??

causemommysaid

Post Thu, Sep 28 2017, 12:13 am
In business if you delay you lose customers. Nothing to apologize for.

MrsDash

Post Thu, Sep 28 2017, 12:33 am
simba wrote:
Sure..

Hi Leah, thanks for the time you put into my order..I feel bad that it didn't work out in the end. Thanks again.

This! Thumbs Up
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette