Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Hashgacha

dinarach

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 7:17 pm
B״H
If a bagel factory is certified kosher by a mashgiach, but the mashgiach never comes to check monthly .
Non Jews work there , can you trust to eat there ?

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Sep 25 2017, 7:22 pm
how do you know the mashgiach does not go? also, is it supposed to be pas yisrael? in france, baguettes are considered kosher without supervision. so, maybe.

dinarach

Post Wed, Sep 27 2017, 3:56 pm
I know the hashgacha and that is how they work, they put their paper on the restaurant wall stating it is kosher, but they do not come very often. What about a ice cream store that uses all natural ingredients from a company that does have a mashgiach come every month to the factory and check everything. This specific location has non-jews working there and the actual place is not officially kosher because the boxes of ice cream are opened by the non-jews and put into the machine. Also there is no one that comes every month, but all the ingredients used are a hundred percent kosher.

tichellady

Post Wed, Sep 27 2017, 4:12 pm
I don't really get the point of your question. I would eat at such an ice cream place and do, you are describing places like ben and jerrys or basking Robbins.
I would likely get bagels from a store what was certified even if not the most reputable hashgacha since I am not particularly worried about a bagel being treif. I'm sure there are people who are stricter than me. You can call the kashrut company giving the heksher and ask them to explain their policy

nicole81

Post Wed, Sep 27 2017, 4:17 pm
dinarach wrote:
I know the hashgacha and that is how they work, they put their paper on the restaurant wall stating it is kosher, but they do not come very often. What about a ice cream store that uses all natural ingredients from a company that does have a mashgiach come every month to the factory and check everything. This specific location has non-jews working there and the actual place is not officially kosher because the boxes of ice cream are opened by the non-jews and put into the machine. Also there is no one that comes every month, but all the ingredients used are a hundred percent kosher.

Living in New York, where there are so many kosher options, I would not eat in such an ice cream store. However, if I were in an area with limited to no kosher options, I would eat from there. Kosher ice cream going through a machine to dispense it, even if the machine had ever been used for treif, is still kosher when it comes out.

dinarach

Post Thu, Sep 28 2017, 1:37 am
Thank you , yes it is in an area where there is an enclave of kosher restaurants about 45 min. Away with normal traffic. Here there is absolutely nothing and the machine was never used for treif.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen