Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Exercising before y"k

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Sep 28 2017, 8:55 am
will it make it harder to fast if I exercise today and/or tomorrow? does it matter what type of exercise? Thanks!

Post Thu, Sep 28 2017, 10:11 am
Research shows that lower-intensity exercise (an effort of 4 on a scale of 1 to 10 where 10 is the most intense) can reduce hunger for a couple hours following exercise. [Tweet this fact!] And as you increase the intensity of a workout, whether it's cardio or strength training, this appetite suppression also increases. The only downside is that the appetite-quelling effects of exercise seem to be the most powerful in people who are inactive, so the fitter you are, the less you will experience the hunger-suppressing effect of exercise.

http://www.shape.com/healthy-e.....-myth

I get extremely hungry after I exercise for several hours.

Perhaps moderate exercise is in order.

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Sep 28 2017, 10:14 am
so based on that it shouldn't affect anything if I exercise today. thanks!

Post Thu, Sep 28 2017, 10:18 am
amother wrote:
so based on that it shouldn't affect anything if I exercise today. thanks!

Today seems fine. Tomorrow depends on your shape and intensity of the workout. I will probably exercise hard early tomorrow.

etky

Post Thu, Sep 28 2017, 10:47 am
Not planning on exercising tomorrow.
I usually do a high intensity class on Fridays and am usually somewhat depleted when I'm done. I don't have patience for the lower intensity class. At most I'll walk really early in the morning before the sun gets strong.
I think it's individual though - you have to know your body.
I'm also careful with exercise the day after a fast btw. It takes me a while to recover so I don't push it. I learned that the hard way Sad

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Sep 28 2017, 11:28 am
I plan to work out tonight but not tomorrow. (I would do Pilates or yoga tomorrow but don't have time.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise