Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Accupuncture for psoriasis

country

Post Tue, Apr 04 2017, 10:43 pm
Has anyone tried accupuncture for psoriasis

cy

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 12:16 am
try taking probiotics every day. I know someone who it really helped.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 11:13 am
Try dead sea products (in France ahava, -417, eshel, sabon.. sephora has ahava).
Try homeopathy
Some do glutenless.
If nothing works, cortisone cream

mom4many

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 11:41 am
My 16 yr old was bleeding on her scalp & diagnosed with psoriasis. She was given cream & shampoo with tar, which helped mildly - bleeding stopped but the skin was still red & flaky.
A few acupuncture treatments rid her of it totally. She since went back a few times for "maintenance" but she hasn't needed even that for months!
I highly recommend trying acupuncture.

my1st

Post Wed, Sep 27 2017, 10:25 pm
mom4many wrote:
My 16 yr old was bleeding on her scalp & diagnosed with psoriasis. She was given cream & shampoo with tar, which helped mildly - bleeding stopped but the skin was still red & flaky.
A few acupuncture treatments rid her of it totally. She since went back a few times for "maintenance" but she hasn't needed even that for months!
I highly recommend trying acupuncture.

Where did you go for acupuncture? R u in NY?

NovelConcept

Post Wed, Sep 27 2017, 10:32 pm
You have to be very careful with acupuncture.

I know of someone who almost died after doing regular acupuncture treatments. It wasn't the acupuncture that was the problem; it was the acupuncturist!

He was putting cortisone on the needles and it caused an adrenal insufficiency in the patient, which caused him to go into shock when he discontinued it all of sudden.

mom4many

Post Thu, Sep 28 2017, 2:10 am
my1st wrote:
Where did you go for acupuncture? R u in NY?

No, I live in E"Y.
Update: My daughter isn't going for treatments for awhile. The psoriasis never came back the way it was, but she still feels she has to use the special shampoo & go to the Dead Sea occasionally because there still is an itch.

NovelConcept

Post Thu, Sep 28 2017, 11:48 am
mom, forgive me for challenging your story, but I don't believe the healing was due to acupuncture. I do believe it APPEARED that healing was due to acupuncture.

Psoriasis -- true psoriasis -- is unsightly, but not really itchy. I do believe that your daughter most likely had a misdiagnosis, which is very common.

Think back to when the rash FIRST appeared: Was it immediately burning red and itchy? Or did it start off a little reddish maybe, a little flaky... And over time got worse?

There is a condition that develops when the original symptoms are mistreated called Red Skin Syndrome (RSS). This is a burning, itchy, flaky rash that most doctors consider either a bad case of eczema or psoriasis, but is actually caused by the cortisone the doctor gives to treat the original problem.

RSS resolves with time when you stop the steroids. Many people think it is the alternative treatments that are healing the rash, but it time alone, and the body repairing itself.

mom4many

Post Thu, Sep 28 2017, 4:25 pm
NovelConcept wrote:
mom, forgive me for challenging your story, but I don't believe the healing was due to acupuncture. I do believe it APPEARED that healing was due to acupuncture.

Psoriasis -- true psoriasis -- is unsightly, but not really itchy. I do believe that your daughter most likely had a misdiagnosis, which is very common.

Think back to when the rash FIRST appeared: Was it immediately burning red and itchy? Or did it start off a little reddish maybe, a little flaky... And over time got worse?

There is a condition that develops when the original symptoms are mistreated called Red Skin Syndrome (RSS). This is a burning, itchy, flaky rash that most doctors consider either a bad case of eczema or psoriasis, but is actually caused by the cortisone the doctor gives to treat the original problem.

RSS resolves with time when you stop the steroids. Many people think it is the alternative treatments that are healing the rash, but it time alone, and the body repairing itself.

It wasn't like you describe. It STARTED off red, super itchy & bleeding. Dr. prescribed cream & shampoo. The cream made her hair look like a grease ball so she didn't step foot out of the house for a week. But it got much better & the bleeding stopped. So she stopped the cream & used only the shampoo twice a week. The psoriasis was there but not unbearable.
Then acupuncture got rid of it totally! She stopped acupuncture a year ago and there are traces of the psoriasis. She hasn't stopped using the shampoo till now. So it doesn't quite match your scenario. My grandmother & aunt had psoriasis, so I had all the reason to believe that she had it too.

I don't "believe" in any of these things. My attitude is either it works or it doesn't. The same acupuncturist claimed to be good at taking care of menstrual issues - pain, irregularity, etc. I sent my other daughter to treat it & it was totally INeffective. Instead it cleared her dandruff!!!

MyKidsRQte

Post Thu, Sep 28 2017, 9:45 pm
NovelConcept wrote:

I was diagnosed with psoriasis 12 years ago. Started out of the blue. It just got worse over the years. The itchiness is what bothers me more than the unsightliness. Ive tried cortisones, uv lights, gluten fee-none of which helped me.

Still searching for a cure!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics