Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
KALI ZOM - Does it work? Have you ever tried it?
Previous  1  2

curlyhead

Post Sun, Jul 22 2012, 4:48 am
I took it last Yom Kippur and had the worst fast of my life. I could not get out of bed. Not sure if it was related to the pills or not. I took the nursing ones and was fully nursing.

EvenI

Post Sun, Jul 22 2012, 4:52 am
chocolate chips wrote:
pink is nursing
blue is pregnant
green is regular

of pink and blue you take 1 or 2 before the fasts starts.
With green you take 3 throughout the day.

Funny story, my father once went to buy some for my mum and took the blue ones (she was preg.) the cashier said to my dad you know these are for pregnant ladies my father (who has quite a bit of a belly) held his stomach and said "you mean to say this is just fat?!"
The lady was shock mouth on the floor!

LOL

Not what I remember. Pink you take 4 times throughout the day. Green you take just before the fast, maybe 2 tablets or whatever it says on the packet. Blue I think you take just once like green. Anyway, I think instructions for taking it are on the packet.

I am just really hoping I can use them. Waiting for an answer to the hachana shayla.

giselle

Post Thu, Sep 28 2017, 1:07 pm
Bumping this, I bought the blue package and it’s says take 4 throughout the day - does this mean the day before I’m assuming? Very unclear.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Sep 28 2017, 2:04 pm
Erev Yom Kippur. Start in the morning.

giselle

Post Thu, Sep 28 2017, 5:25 pm
Thanks! Fast well!

chaya35

Post Thu, Sep 28 2017, 5:45 pm
just that you know I took the green package and didn't know it has a lot of caffeine and kept me up all night.

giselle

Post Thu, Sep 28 2017, 5:49 pm
That’s why I bought the blue even though they said it’s for nursing or pregnant. It doesn’t have caffeine or at least it doesn’t say...

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Sep 28 2017, 6:07 pm
Please check your labels ladies. Guarana is at least two times more potent than caffeine. It should never be taken by someone with a heart condition or HBP.

giselle

Post Thu, Sep 28 2017, 9:09 pm
Don’t see guarana. Anything else I should look out for? Confused

miami85

Post Thu, Sep 28 2017, 9:26 pm
I don't know what its supposed to do, but I find that it helps slow down dehydration. I mainly take it when nursing or pregnant, when not most fasts I can survive well without it. I find that after taking the kali zom, While I'm still going to the bathroom a lot at night--from all the water I've drank, I'm still feeling hydrated into the day of the fast.

MagentaYenta

Post Fri, Sep 29 2017, 9:44 am
giselle wrote:
Don’t see guarana. Anything else I should look out for? Confused

Guarana is the common name for these plants, Paullinia cupana, syn. P. crysan, P. sorbilis, which are included on the product labels. Pay attention ladies, read, do your research. Simply because someone says something is 'natural' doesn't mean it's good for you. Heck arsenic is natural.

esther36

Post Fri, Sep 29 2017, 11:36 am
Time release pills from Toronto kollel are amazing. Im a really bad faster and they help me tremendously. Comes in Advil, Tylenol and caffeine pills and u take them right before the fast starts.

imasoftov

Post Sat, Sep 30 2017, 12:40 pm
esther36 wrote:
Time release pills from Toronto kollel are amazing. Im a really bad faster and they help me tremendously. Comes in Advil, Tylenol and caffeine pills and u take them right before the fast starts.

Does the caffeine start working right away or does it wait for the next morning? And if the latter, where can I get a year's supply, it sounds like a great idea to have my morning caffeine kick in before I get out of bed to make coffee.

Shuly

Post Sat, Sep 30 2017, 3:39 pm
I didn't use it Tisha Bav and I used it Yom Kippur. It made a huge difference! I had more energy and did not have a huge headache like I had on Tisha Bav. I felt much less weak too.

miriamsara

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 6:40 am
It works amazing for me! Was never hungry the entire fast. I have used for several years. I forgot to get this year and it takes too long to order. I once paid $$ to have my daughter overnight them to me. I also use the caffeine/Tylenol suppositories. After having a migraine one long Yom Kippur, I never want to experience that again.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 7:34 am
Another vote for kali tzom. Works amazing for me. Fast way easier with it.

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 7:43 am
Actually they have caffeine. First year I took it I was up twisting and turning night of the fast and couldn’t sleep. Until I realized it must’ve been the kali tzom which contains caffeine......

sky

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 7:46 am
I see in 2012 I liked it. Since then I took it once and it made me so nauseous and sick. My DH also has this experience once.

I know use caffeine and Tylenol suppositories and it is amazing.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note