Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Mistakenly called 4 yr old a bad boy

amother
Pearl

Post Sat, Sep 30 2017, 9:49 pm
Was the end of a long day today, and he kept coming out of bed. I said why are you being a bad boy and not staying in bed. As soon as it left my mouth I regretted it. I said, moshe you're a very good boy. Please stay in bed, tried to undo the damage. Feeling so bad.....

Seas

Post Sat, Sep 30 2017, 10:31 pm
Oh grow up. He was being a bad boy and you called him out on it. No harm ever came from that.

nnmom

Post Sat, Sep 30 2017, 10:49 pm
Been there in terms of not always choosing the best words. You are human! You made a mistake. You can turn it in to a valuable teachable moment for your child.
Mommys make mistakes. And mommys can apologize and be forgiven. It is excellent modeling for him. You will be more careful in the future because of it.

allthingsblue

Post Sat, Sep 30 2017, 11:00 pm
Seas wrote:
Oh grow up. He was being a bad boy and you called him out on it. No harm ever came from that.

I agree that this wasn't such a major deal as long as she doesn't repeat it often, but he was not "being a bad boy." If he thinks that not going to bed on time makes him a "bad boy," and not just a "regular boy who sometimes does bad things," he will likely have detrimental self esteem issues.

Op, cut yourself some slack, it was a long and hard day. It's great that you apologized.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers