Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Stove is a Lemon!!!

Shif

Post Fri, Aug 10 2007, 5:46 pm
I am soooo frustrated! We bought a new stove 1 1/2 yrs ago, and will need to have the control panel replaced for the third time! 1st time, it was a factory defect, 2nd time the control panel melted from a soup pot being cooked on the back burner (isn't that what stoves are for? cooking???), and now? Well now, the control panel melted again! over time it is getting worse. If the control panel doesn't work, my oven doesn't work....argh!!!!

I have a Maytag double oven range....thouht it would be great, can cook chicken in one oven while baking challah in another...but no, causes me more of a headache than anything!

What do I do???? I bought an ext3ended warranty, Thank G-D, but they give me a hard time for thecontrol panel, b/c they claim it was misuse tht caused the panel to melt!!!

Does anyone have any experience in this type of thing? I just want to get a new oven...diff type obviously....and I don't want to pay...I want my money back on this one and to start over!

Please give me any suggestions!!!!!

greenfire

Post Fri, Aug 10 2007, 6:19 pm
well ... perhaps call the main company instead of the location you bought it ... call the Better Business Bureau ... or at least get the people you are dealing with to replace with a new one ... chances are only the one you have is a lemon - so it's a thought ... if nothing works Drunken Smile - make a margarita ...

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Aug 10 2007, 7:14 pm
That's awful and very unfair for you!

mimivan

Post Sat, Aug 11 2007, 6:31 pm
Sorry Shif, I don't really have any suggestions, only to share a little misery..

I bought a rather large toaster oven for Pesach (big enough to roast a chicken etc..). When I used it the first time, the handle MELTED off!! I tried to take it back, but they said it must have been my fault.

That Pesach oven, for various reasons, is now our regular oven, and I have been opening it with a knife for 3 years because there is no handle. (don't tell me to buy a new one. Dh is in collel)

However, you should definitely fight for your rights, Shif! Don't let them sleep at night! (My dh is good at doing that to people. It's the Israeli way Wink )

Don't ask me why it didn't work with our little oven, though..

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Aug 11 2007, 11:11 pm
mimivan wrote:
(don't tell me to buy a new one. Dh is in collel)

you have two little kids, work at home, and your husband is in kollel?

mimivan

Post Sun, Aug 12 2007, 12:42 am
Uh...yeah...it's pretty normal...
(he's learning architecture at night...almost finished iy'h)

faigie

Post Sun, Aug 12 2007, 1:03 am
read over you warranty that you bought. in mine there was a lemon law clause. if a part was needing repair after x number of times, they were obligated to replace the stove.
if the rep on the phone wont help you, climb the chain of command to her supervisor. keep climbing if you have to. a pot of soup near the control panel shouldnt melt the panel. the back burner was built to be used, and the panel should be heat resistant to withstand the heat of a cooking pot on its adjacent burner. its not like you took a blow torch to the control panel.

Shif

Post Sun, Aug 12 2007, 12:16 pm
Quote:
lemon law clause

that's good to know, I'll take a look....was that in the manuf. wty or an extended wty???

the last time this happened, I went through the ext. wty, they replaced it....I also called the company, reached as high as I could go (or as they would let me) and the comp. said that "as a favor" they would replace the panel if the ext. wty company wouldnt'....gee thanks for the favor Rolling Eyes

if anyone else has any experience or suggestions, I'l gladly teke 'em!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars