Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
Harry Potter Frum Fanfiction: Yehuda (Anthony) Goldstein
  Previous  1  2  3 10  11  12 15  16  17  Next

youngishbear

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 2:24 pm
Thank you for posting! That was fun.

Keep em coming!

seeker

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 5:15 pm
At the rate of one chapter a year this could keep us entertained for a while! Smile

imasinger

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 6:13 pm
Some great lines. I like the humor. An owl-line instead of a beeline. "In the middle of a confused dream in which something vaguely thematic and reader-intriguing happened, he woke up."

I don't see how anyone frum could possibly forget about Pesach, but I guess it makes for a good story.

Glad to see this continue and grow!

youngishbear

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 6:26 pm
imasinger wrote:
Some great lines. I like the humor. An owl-line instead of a beeline. "In the middle of a confused dream in which something vaguely thematic and reader-intriguing happened, he woke up."

I don't see how anyone frum could possibly forget about Pesach, but I guess it makes for a good story.

Glad to see this continue and grow!

I know, right? I guess he never helped much with the cleaning hehe.

I suspected the punchline from the start. But... "I've got the here comes Pesach blues"...

enneamom

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 5:33 pm
I am drooling over this fanfic. Don't have time for this in my life now...but too bad, I guess!

imasinger

Post Fri, Mar 17 2017, 3:52 am
A little off topic, but I couldn't resist...

http://forward.com/fast-forwar.....over/

youngishbear

Post Fri, Mar 17 2017, 8:29 am
imasinger wrote:
A little off topic, but I couldn't resist...

http://forward.com/fast-forwar.....over/

Went straight to my wishlist. I wonder what zaidy will think of this at the Seder lol. What do you know about the author and his hashkafic leanings?

imasinger

Post Fri, Mar 17 2017, 11:47 am
Bio from his book, "Morality for Muggles":
Quote:
About the Author
Rabbi Moshe Rosenberg is the spiritual leader of Congregation Etz Chaim of Kew Gardens Hills, New York, and a Judaic Studies educator at SAR Academy in Riverdale, New York, as well as a former high school English teacher. His writings on religion, ethics and Jewish law have appeared in The Forward, The Jewish Week, The Los Angeles Jewish Journal and The Journal of Halakha and Contemporary Society, among other national publications, and his Harry Potter Club at SAR was featured in the New York Times. He lives in Queens with his wife Dina and their seven children.

pbandjelly

Post Fri, May 19 2017, 11:06 am
Thanks for the new chapter! Can't wait for the next one Smile

enneamom

Post Fri, May 19 2017, 11:17 am
On an erev shabbos! Whyyyy....

LittleDucky

Post Fri, May 19 2017, 3:19 pm
The hagaddas In my opinion could have be been better. No new insights or deep "Harry potter connections". Just things along the lines of " pesach Seder means freedom. Harry felt finally free at hogwarts and enslaved each school holiday". Drop more in depth... A Few cute comments from his students who said their take on the Seder or HP. "Who is free in HP?"
(Someone let me read their copy this past Pesach. I was hoping for something more. It was a let down".

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, May 19 2017, 4:02 pm
I used The Unofficial Harry Potter Haggadah this Pesach and really enjoyed it.

Production appears to have been rushed. It came out just before Pesach and would have benefited from more thorough editing and proofreading.

Selections from this Haggadah could be excellent conversation jump-off points for deeper discussion. The Haggadah is sprinkled with with quotes from the author's middle-school-aged students, some of them funny, a few of them deep. I think it's especially valuable for people who connect with Harry Potter better than they connect with Yiddishkeit, and for people (like me!) who enjoy a Haggadah that's a bit... lighter.

imasoftov

Post Sat, May 20 2017, 12:01 pm
enneamom wrote:
On an erev shabbos! Whyyyy....

I took this post to mean that a new chapter was published yesterday, but unless a new chapter was later taken down, the story was last updated on a Sunday in February.

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 2:18 pm
To all who are waiting for a new installment, sorry for bumping.

I gained a new appreciation for Yehuda's struggles after visiting the Wizarding World at Universal Orlando. Between Honeydukes and Fortescue's and the abundant butterbeer I sure saved a lot of galleons but I felt so left out...

I have never felt this way about nonkosher food, but but... chocolate frogs!! And Bertie's Every Flavor Beans!! Not even an OU-D on anything in sight. Poor Yehuda at every feast, and trips to Hogsmeade yet to come.

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Jun 21 2017, 8:59 am
Just curious if anyone knows if this story will be added to? It's been quite some time since the last installment....

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Aug 01 2017, 11:52 am
amother wrote:
Just curious if anyone knows if this story will be added to? It's been quite some time since the last installment....

Hi, it's the author's sister again. She's working on the next chapter, so there's hope that it will continue.

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Oct 04 2017, 5:01 am
Next (half) chapter is up!
Have a good Yom Tov, everyone!

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 8:45 am
Another question for British Imamothers from my sister (will probably create a thread, too)-
Quote:
What are typical British stereotypes of Americans? How would Yehuda's friends be teasing him about going to school overseas?

amother
Mauve

Post Sat, Nov 25 2017, 5:38 pm
Next chapter is up!
Chapter 13
One more chapter for this book, plus an epilogue, then Book 1 will be finished Smile

pbandjelly

Post Sat, Nov 25 2017, 9:46 pm
Yay! Made my night Smile
Page 11 of 17   Previous  1  2  3 10  11  12 15  16  17  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club