Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Wood parquet floors how to clean

amother
Sapphire

Post Sat, Oct 07 2017, 10:10 pm
Can someone tell me best way to clean parquet floors. My whole house is basically these floors and I don't want to ruin them. Thanks

reality mom

Post Sat, Oct 07 2017, 10:26 pm
What's your floor sealed with? My floors were done with Bona, and I only use Bona floor cleansers. My mother has polyurethane and uses diluted water and vinegar. Others use Murphy's oil soap, including myself on rare occasions when I'm out of Bona.

alef12

Post Sat, Oct 07 2017, 10:43 pm
I use water with a bit of dish soap

amother
Sapphire

Post Sat, Oct 07 2017, 10:43 pm
SO the floor guy did mention Bona. How do u use it? Spray and then wipe? Isn't if a fortune? My whole house is wood floors ide be going through a lot of bona

reality mom

Post Sat, Oct 07 2017, 11:05 pm
amother wrote:
SO the floor guy did mention Bona. How do u use it? Spray and then wipe? Isn't if a fortune? My whole house is wood floors ide be going through a lot of bona

I dilute it big time. More than the recommended amount, as it IS pricey. Unless the floors are really filthy, which doesn't happen that often. Costco had it on sale recently, so I stocked up.

amother
Red

Post Sun, Oct 08 2017, 12:16 am
Anyone ever used weiman hardwood floor cleaner ? Someone recently told me that they use it not sure how good it cleans but it made the floor very shiny..

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Oct 08 2017, 12:19 am
Murphy's Oil or Mr. Clean mixed with water

gazingblue

Post Sun, Oct 08 2017, 1:12 am
My floor guy recommended water with a little vinegar. Ten years later my floors are still nice and shiny (even tho shiny is not so in anymore). Murphy kills the wooden floors as far as I know - strips it. Also make sure not to make the floors too wet.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry