Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Hot plate meal ideas for yom tov

essy

Post Sun, Oct 08 2017, 11:21 pm
We are moving right after succos and everything will be packed except for a shabbos hot plate and hot water urn. What can I heat on the hot plate?any frozen items u find in the grocery? What about those steam veggie bags?would that cook well? Any ideas appreciated. Thanks! !

cooksallday

Post Sun, Oct 08 2017, 11:43 pm
I don't think they're hot enough to actually cook on.. but I have left cholent and Orissa overnight and they did cook.

smile18

Post Sun, Oct 08 2017, 11:53 pm
Anything and everything can be cooked on a hotplate. You just have to set it on the right temperature. Every hotplate works different.

essy

Post Mon, Oct 09 2017, 1:27 am
The hotplate is one decent temperature. What can I put ?would steam bags food items? Frozwn Chicken nuggets?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Oct 09 2017, 1:32 am
You can steam a bag of frozen vegetables in a makeshift double boiler (a pan of boiling water underneath the pan of frozen vegetables, covered) on an israeli hot plate (plata).
You can also make minute rice, ramen noodles or mediterranean couscous with boiling water (hot plate not necessarily needed). Instant mashed idahoan potatoes?
Serve lots of fresh salads.

ETA: Is your oven still available? Use that to make all your food and then just use the hot plate on YT for warming.

smile18

Post Mon, Oct 09 2017, 2:10 pm
Anything that's cooked and frozen warms up great.
Cooking in a bekele on yt makes it easier and faster to be ready. You can definitely cook potatoes, eggs and even cholent.

Raisin

Post Mon, Oct 09 2017, 2:13 pm
food needs to be cooked. I guess cholent might cook or soup if you start with hot water.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen