Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
New style top-load washers , without agitators?

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Oct 08 2017, 6:28 pm
Do you have such a washer? What's your experience so far? Does it wash as well as the models that have agitators (the center pole)

ra_mom

Post Sun, Oct 08 2017, 7:29 pm
I have the LG and it's fantastic. It depends on the model.

cnc

Post Sun, Oct 08 2017, 7:52 pm
I have mine for a decade and it's excellent.

loveit

Post Sun, Oct 08 2017, 7:59 pm
I love mine. When we were purchasing our pair we did a lot of research and this is what we learned -2 years ago:

The new HE washers use 1/3 less water than a standard top loading wth an agitator. Since this means the top loading HE is using so little water, it can't do as good as a clean as the front loaders because of gravity. The front loaders make it easier to clean th clothes because they are pulled down while spinning. I had really wanted the old fashioned top loading machine because they are so much faster but in the end I went with the HE front loader and I went for a large size. It does an amazing job and I don't mind that it's longer since I can fit so much at once and knowing that I'm only using about 8 gallons of water versus the tradition aprox 24 gallons is a big deal to me!

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Oct 08 2017, 8:06 pm
It's great hearing from all of you :-)
The one I was looking at- the only one on the floor- is a stackable top load, Frigidaire. No agitator pole.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Oct 08 2017, 8:13 pm
No, no, no! The Frigidaire is horrible. I know 2 people who purchased.
Frigidaire excels at refrigerators, freezers and air conditioners.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Oct 08 2017, 8:17 pm
All if you're going with a non agitator, front loader is best. You can still get a stackable option with a front loader with an additional attachment piece.

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Oct 08 2017, 8:23 pm
ra_mom wrote:
No, no, no! The Frigidaire is horrible. I know 2 people who purchased.
Frigidaire excels at refrigerators, freezers and air conditioners.

Thanks so much for this info!

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Oct 08 2017, 8:25 pm
My preference is for a top-loading washer (as part of a stackable. I have no room for two separate pieces).
It's so hard for me to imagine a front loader. We have a habit of letting clothes soak and adding some clothes later.... A front load would not allow for this habit to continue :-(

loveit

Post Sun, Oct 08 2017, 8:40 pm
amother wrote:
My preference is for a top-loading washer (as part of a stackable. I have no room for two separate pieces).
It's so hard for me to imagine a front loader. We have a habit of letting clothes soak and adding some clothes later.... A front load would not allow for this habit to continue :-(

Keep doing your research. My front loader can be paused and you can add clothes, I think it sucks the extra water into a special reserve so I can open the door. Remember, there is way less water in the machine when it's running. Other front load machines have special windows in the door to throw in an item that was forgotten at that you want to add later. Some even have a separate mini washer for small loads or soaking (Samsung) and many many many are set up to also work as part of a stackable unit.

studying_torah

Post Sun, Oct 08 2017, 10:01 pm
Hate my Lg top loader without an agitator. And lg has zero customer service

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Oct 08 2017, 10:16 pm
studying_torah wrote:
Hate my Lg top loader without an agitator. And lg has zero customer service

I really appreciate this feedback. Can you say what's the problem with your lg top loader?

studying_torah

Post Sun, Oct 08 2017, 10:34 pm
Pm me please, as I have discussed this on fb and irl and don't want to out my user name.

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Oct 08 2017, 10:49 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I have the LG and it's fantastic. It depends on the model.

Which model? Stackable?

Mommyg8

Post Mon, Oct 09 2017, 1:50 am
I have an LG front loader and I LOVE it!!! All front loaders are automatically stackable.

I think that you have to really get the top of the line, though, because it uses so little water, the technology has to be amazing to make up for that. I bought a top of the line front loader, and I think it washes much better than my original top loader whirlpool, and it's gentler, as well. My model has a faster turbo option, so I feel like I have the best of both worlds.

It's important to do your research, and buy a machine that has good ratings. I would recommend mine, but I bought it a while ago, and I don't know if they still sell it, or if there are better/cheaper models out there now.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Oct 09 2017, 7:46 am
Mommyg8 wrote:
I have an LG front loader and I LOVE it!!! All front loaders are automatically stackable.

I think that you have to really get the top of the line, though, because it uses so little water, the technology has to be amazing to make up for that. I bought a top of the line front loader, and I think it washes much better than my original top loader whirlpool, and it's gentler, as well. My model has a faster turbo option, so I feel like I have the best of both worlds.

It's important to do your research, and buy a machine that has good ratings. I would recommend mine, but I bought it a while ago, and I don't know if they still sell it, or if there are better/cheaper models out there now.

Would you mind saying which model you have?
I will check to see if the closet is wide enough for a front loader that can stack with a separate dryer. Our stackable is situated in a small closet.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Oct 09 2017, 8:51 am
amother wrote:
Which model? Stackable?

I believe that this is the current version of the model we have.
https://www.google.com/shoppin.....w_wcB
It says Steam and Inverter Direct Drive on it.
We have a bulky/large cycle, sanitary, allergiene, tub clean, permanent press, delicates, hand wash/wool and speed wash.
S&W appliances helped direct me to what to purchase and they also had a rebate promotion at the time.
We bought the stackable piece for an extra $75 and used it for 2 years as a stackable. When we moved we set them up side by side.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Oct 09 2017, 9:41 am
ra_mom wrote:
I believe that this is the current version of the model we have.
https://www.google.com/shoppin.....w_wcB
It says Steam and Inverter Direct Drive on it.
We have a bulky/large cycle, sanitary, allergiene, tub clean, permanent press, delicates, hand wash/wool and speed wash.
S&W appliances helped direct me to what to purchase and they also had a rebate promotion at the time.
We bought the stackable piece for an extra $75 and used it for 2 years as a stackable. When we moved we set them up side by side.

Thanks for the feedback!

Mommyg8

Post Mon, Oct 09 2017, 11:03 pm
amother wrote:
Would you mind saying which model you have?
I will check to see if the closet is wide enough for a front loader that can stack with a separate dryer. Our stackable is situated in a small closet.

Sorry, had a hectic day...

My model number is WM3570HWA. It's an LG. I bought it a few years ago, so I'm not sure if it's any help. I am thrilled with it!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics