Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser rips to shreds on first use

amother
Wheat

Post Sat, Oct 14 2017, 11:17 pm

I just bought a few packs at KRM.

They rip to shreds on first use.

How can they be so highly rated?

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Oct 15 2017, 12:03 am
That's why I don't use this anymore

Simple1

Post Sun, Oct 15 2017, 6:38 am
It does use up very quickly, so I save it for dirt that won't otherwise come out.

Also not sure what you're using it for, but I don't think it's meant for heavy grime ( like on stove tops etc. It's great on walls.

Last edited by Simple1 on Sun, Oct 15 2017, 6:41 am; edited 2 times in total

lavenderchimes

Post Sun, Oct 15 2017, 6:39 am
They only work for certain things. I had some success with them, but I think they are silly -- just another way to get us to waste money on things that are needed at all.

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Oct 15 2017, 7:22 am
They are disposable. What were you expecting? The high reviews are for ease of use. These clean in 30 seconds with no strength what would take 10 mins and a lot of elbow grease with my usual cleansers. Plus no harsh smells.

RebekahsMom

Post Sun, Oct 15 2017, 7:23 am
Using them on grout shreds them quickly. They work wonderfully on many things, though.

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Oct 15 2017, 7:37 am
RebekahsMom wrote:
They work wonderfully on many things, though.

I bought a few packs. What are they "Magic"or ideal for?

sotired3

Post Sun, Oct 15 2017, 9:32 am
I find the "magic" is with cleaning grime, like when walls or fisher price toys are grey and nothing you use to wash them will get them clean.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Oct 15 2017, 9:55 am
Even on walls they shred very quickly. I wouldn't waste my money on that. I have actually only used it on walls but if it's only good for like 15 seconds then it's like a shmatte shredded in pieces I give up.

U can clean your walls with a good shmatte and mr clean liquid. If u don't mind wasting money then use the eraser

Post Sun, Oct 15 2017, 10:41 am
Mine came with a hard handle that you insert the sponge into. It helps with the shredding

They are wonderful for removing scuff marks.

seeker

Post Sun, Oct 15 2017, 10:42 am
amother wrote:
They are disposable. What were you expecting? The high reviews are for ease of use. These clean in 30 seconds with no strength what would take 10 mins and a lot of elbow grease with my usual cleansers. Plus no harsh smells.

This. I love them. Yes, they are disposable, so I don't use it for everything. But I like that there are no chemicals involved and that they work more easily than other methods. I used them on a wall that I thought was hopeless and saved myself a paint job.

I also did not find that they shredded so quickly. They did use up and then when they got small they started to shred, but I got plenty of use before then. Maybe our expectations were different. Did you follow the directions? It needs to be moist but not wet, and you don't need to use a lot of pressure. Maybe if you scrub hard it shreds faster.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Oct 15 2017, 10:46 am
I use the Israeli cheap magic sponge for hard nonporous surfaces like doors, cabinets, appliances, vinyl seats...
I get the grime loose then wipe with a microfiber cloth.
They just disintegrate on walks and remove the paint.

water_bear88

Post Sun, Oct 15 2017, 11:09 am
My understanding is that they work on the same principle as sandpaper, which also is basically single-use. I have used mine on the stovetop for stubborn grease stains.

anonymous55

Post Sun, Oct 15 2017, 3:01 pm
Dollar tree sells a 2 pack generic magic eraser for $1.

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Oct 15 2017, 3:15 pm
They are magic because you go "poof" and they disappear. All kidding aside, they work their magic on walls. Crayon, scuff marks, etc. all disappear with hardly any effort and strength.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry