Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Where can I find a babysitter? This is driving me mad BKLYN

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Jan 24 2017, 3:55 pm
For the 3rd or 4th time this year I am looking for a babysitter. The first person we had couldn't continue because her college schedule for spring interfered with the times. The second one found a full time position and I need part time. They were both good but it just didn't work out. I had a few people accept the job on a temporary basis because they were really looking for full time work. We also only want someone Jewish, preferably frum. I hate that I'm putting my kids through so much unsteadiness.

The main issue I'm having is that I need only a few hours a day. My kids finish school at a certain time and work for another 3 hours after that. I need someone at my house to take my kids off the bus.

I'm already on a whatsapp babysitting chat - nothing came from it. I've been posting on luach.com and theyeshivaworld. I posted in seminaries and colleges. I've been asking everyone I know. I spoke to a few different babysitting agencies. I've found two people that need the missing hours for a babysitter so a potential babysitter can work full time hours in two locations. I have people asking and posting for me on other chats. Those all fell through.

Since the beginning of the year, I probably spoke to around 50 different people and for some reason or another it didn't work out. Now I'm working on round 3 and already 11 different leads fell through. Some want more money, for some the location isn't good, for some they want more hours, some only want to watch babies and I don't have a baby, etc.

I'm at the point where this is causing me to get a little depressed. I can't continue to work if I have no one to watch my kids and not working is not an option. Besides, these phone calls for a babysitter are taking up so much of my work time.

Where can I find a Jewish babysitter in Brooklyn that wants to work part time? Any place that I can advertise that I didn't already? Any other groups or chats I can join?
Any advice appreciated.

iriska_meller

Post Tue, Jan 24 2017, 3:59 pm
FWIW in my 12 years of employing babysitters of all kinds, non Jewish ladies tend to follow your instructions and rules better than Jewish ones... as long as you show them respect... there's plenty of fantastic people on care.com who are interested in part time.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Jan 24 2017, 4:01 pm
I don't know if you are part of the chat that I am part of, it's called boropark Babysitting. If not we can figure out a way to have you added without outing mine or your identity...

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Jan 24 2017, 4:04 pm
Thanks for the suggestions.

We really only want someone Jewish to watch our kids.

We live in Midwood-Marine Park so I'm not sure if Boro Park would help me.

precious

Post Tue, Jan 24 2017, 4:14 pm
How many kids? What ages? Can the bus drop them off by a babysitters home? Have you tried calling all playgroups if their assistant's would do it?

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Jan 24 2017, 4:35 pm
precious wrote:
How many kids? What ages? Can the bus drop them off by a babysitters home? Have you tried calling all playgroups if their assistant's would do it?

The bus and carpool arrangements cannot drop off elsewhere. I asked already, their schedules are too complicated to switch.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jan 24 2017, 5:12 pm
You may need to hire someone for more hours. Sad
See if you can find someone who will spend some time cleaning before babysitting once the kids come home.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Jan 24 2017, 5:20 pm
I would consider doing it, though I take $25 an hour up to two kids.

I'm close to Marine Park.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Jan 24 2017, 5:28 pm
You also may need to offer a higher rate than what you're currently willing to pay. I'm in a similar situation and I'm paying a LOT more than I think is reasonable but I found it to be the only way.

HonesttoGod

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 7:01 am
I struggled with this for a year straight and my kids went nuts from the constant change of people then I cut my hours. Financially it wasn't easy but in hindsight it was beneficial for all of us.
I actually find it a little harder/more tiring than staying at work but I get to bed earlier and my kids are happier.

Try sittercity.org I was usually more successful there.

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 8:23 am
amother wrote:
You also may need to offer a higher rate than what you're currently willing to pay. I'm in a similar situation and I'm paying a LOT more than I think is reasonable but I found it to be the only way.

I did offer more. Still nothing.

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 8:24 am
HonesttoGod wrote:
I struggled with this for a year straight and my kids went nuts from the constant change of people then I cut my hours. Financially it wasn't easy but in hindsight it was beneficial for all of us.
I actually find it a little harder/more tiring than staying at work but I get to bed earlier and my kids are happier.

Try sittercity.org I was usually more successful there.

Thank you. It seems that site is no longer working.

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 8:25 am
amother wrote:
I would consider doing it, though I take $25 an hour up to two kids.

I'm close to Marine Park.

Thank you for the offer. That's a lot more than we can afford to pay.

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Aug 31 2017, 6:29 pm
amother wrote:
I don't know if you are part of the chat that I am part of, it's called boropark Babysitting. If not we can figure out a way to have you added without outing mine or your identity...

Would love to be added to this, can you tell me how? Having a trouble finding a babysitter. Need one evening a week.

nanny24/7

Post Thu, Aug 31 2017, 6:43 pm
amother wrote:
Would love to be added to this, can you tell me how? Having a trouble finding a babysitter. Need one evening a week.

Me too.
Can you pm me?

mommalaw

Post Sun, Oct 15 2017, 9:11 pm
amother wrote:

Can you pm me and add me as well? Thanks so much.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics