Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Which 3 yr old playgroup would you do

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Oct 16 2017, 10:07 pm
My daughter is September .
Here are the choices:
Playgroup 1 has 21 kids 2 morahs, 1 morah like a bubby very experienced with a young assistant but takes full year of 3 yr olds so daughter will be youngest
Playgroup 2 has 12 kids with 1 morah who is doing it a few. Years, takes august thru December kids so daughter will be one of older

Why would you do?

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Oct 16 2017, 10:10 pm
I've always chosen playgroup 2 as the type of option for my kids. I hate that there is no one else there and yes it freaks me out. but I still choose it over a zillion kids and a morah who has the luxury of stepping away from her group because she has an assistant. And now there are double the amount of kids with one caregiver

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Oct 29 2017, 12:34 am
Bump

mha3484

Post Sun, Oct 29 2017, 12:44 am
2 totally. My older child was in a group of 22 with a Morah and assistant and it was way too much. My next child, I am going with a group similar to your number two.

Rachel Shira

Post Sun, Oct 29 2017, 8:05 am
Honestly, neither of them sound good to me. The first one sounds insane with way too many children for only 2 teachers. But the second one would really worry me with only one teacher. What does she do when she needs to go to the bathroom? Or when a kid needs help in the bathroom, what are the rest of the kids doing? What happens if she's sick or needs a day off for some reason?
Whether my daughter would be the oldest or youngest in the class would not even factor into this decision.
I guess this wasn't helpful at all - sorry! I really don't know which is the better option though.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers