Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Freelance Resume

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 2:42 am
I'm looking to update my resume, and I'm not sure if and how to include all of my freelance work. I started out with a degree and full-time work, but that was 10 years ago. Since then, I've done a lot of relevant work for various companies, but it's project based, so a couple of months with one specific thing and then switching to another company. I also took a few months off here and there for maternity leave and the like. If you do freelance work, what does your resume look like? Do you include all of the companies and/or projects? Would it be normal to list various projects with responsibilities without giving company names? I wish I could just write "I've spent 10 years working freelance doing _, _, and _," but that's the Cover letter/email, and I still need a specific resume, right?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 4:22 am
Looking for work again, and updating my resume again, now with even more relevant work (B"H!). What do I include and how? Any freelancers out there with experience?

Tirza

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 6:11 am
This is a really interesting question.
There are templates online for all kinds of resumes. Maybe an online search would yield some suggestions?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 7:33 am
Thank you so much for the response! I have spent the morning reading up about it online. They said you can do a Skills Resume instead of a traditional one, but that sounds even more difficult to figure out what to write. I would rather just list the projects I've worked on, and let the employer decide if I'm a good fit for their project. Can I do that? Just write, for example, "Self Employed 2011-Present", and then list things like "Researched items and wrote article for comparison (Company A)"?

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 8:10 am
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
Thank you so much for the response! I have spent the morning reading up about it online. They said you can do a Skills Resume instead of a traditional one, but that sounds even more difficult to figure out what to write. I would rather just list the projects I've worked on, and let the employer decide if I'm a good fit for their project. Can I do that? Just write, for example, "Self Employed 2011-Present", and then list things like "Researched items and wrote article for comparison (Company A)"?

Yes. Just throw in a few major projects in well know companies to make you look more credible.

(I.e. Did Google AdWords and Tagging for ProMedia Group brought them to top of the Google page)

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Jun 20 2019, 11:30 am
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
Yes. Just throw in a few major projects in well know companies to make you look more credible.

(I.e. Did Google AdWords and Tagging for ProMedia Group brought them to top of the Google page)

Thank you for responding! Now I just have to try to figure out what I've done the past 10 years that's noteworthy!

If anyone has more tips on formatting and what to include, I'd be more than happy to hear it!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers