Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Boxers for boys

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 11:57 am
My 12 yr old son is asking to switch from briefs to boxers. He claims that briefs are tight on him even though he is wearing the right size. Wouldn't boxers feel uncomfortable on the leg? Go the ride up when putting on pants? If your son is in this age bracket and wearing boxers with slim fit pants, please guide me and tell me what to buy.

DrMom

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 12:08 pm
Why don't you just buy a pack and let him try it out himself?

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 12:12 pm
DrMom wrote:
Why don't you just buy a pack and let him try it out himself?

oh, because I spent time on amazon looking at the choices, reading some reviews and after I placed the order and showed him what I ordered he told me that he didn't like the ones I bought and would never wear them. I was able to cancel the order before it shipped and now I want to order something that some other people use and are happy with.

momto8

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 12:17 pm
My son wears boxer briefs

esther11

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 12:22 pm
Take him to Walmart or another cheap store and let him pick one pack to try out

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 12:23 pm
momto8 wrote:
My son wears boxer briefs

I'm trying to understand how that is more comfortable than regular briefs. Or is it about style and not necessarily the comfort?

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 12:36 pm
amother wrote:
I'm trying to understand how that is more comfortable than regular briefs. Or is it about style and not necessarily the comfort?

Shrug. If they think its more comfortable, who am I to say otherwise?

As someone else said, take him to Target and let him pick out what he wants. Or if that's not possible, let him choose on Amazon. He's 12. He's entitled to a say in his own underwear.

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 12:37 pm
I used briefs when toilet training and switched to boxers as soon as they started pulling and touching noticeably in that area, figuring they were uncomfortable (4/5 yrs old). I buy anything cute at a good price- Gap, Old Navy, Hanes, etc. They get used to straightening the legs under their pants when they change each morning. If your kid literally cannot straighten a thin cotton boxer short leg under his pants, the pants are skin tight (leggings) which I would not put on a four year old!

Raisin

Post Thu, Oct 19 2017, 6:38 am
Once my sons are past toilet training, I only buy them boxers. But I get them regular trousers, not slim fit.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics