Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Moving from 2 bathrooms to 1 - yay or nay
Previous  1  2

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Oct 19 2017, 1:48 pm
amother wrote:
Just to clarify- we could afford the more expensive place. Money fortunately isn’t tight for us. I didn’t even look at places with one bathroom and just accepted that this is how much rent is in the neighborhood we are moving into, but then when I started looking at one bathroom places, I realized there is a huge period discrepancy. It’s helpful to hear everyone’s opinions. I know lots of people only have 1 bathroom and are fine, but I imagine it’s harder to deal with one after you had two, then if you always had one.

only you can answer how much you value the second bathroom.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Oct 19 2017, 2:13 pm
amother wrote:
Just to clarify- we could afford the more expensive place. Money fortunately isn’t tight for us. I didn’t even look at places with one bathroom and just accepted that this is how much rent is in the neighborhood we are moving into, but then when I started looking at one bathroom places, I realized there is a huge period discrepancy. It’s helpful to hear everyone’s opinions. I know lots of people only have 1 bathroom and are fine, but I imagine it’s harder to deal with one after you had two, then if you always had one.

I understand that money isn't tight. But if you put that $700 a month into retirement savings, and continue to put that same amount in for the next 35 years, you'd have about $800,000. Not bad.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Oct 19 2017, 2:27 pm
Thanks everyone
I estimate we will live in the next place for 1-2 years. It was hopeful to hear everyone’s perspectives

little_mage

Post Thu, Oct 19 2017, 3:07 pm
We went from a two bathroom apartment to a one bathroom house last year. I have a 6 year old, a 3 year old, and an infant (who was born after the move). While the six year old isn't quite trained, having four bathroom users in the one bathroom house is a little annoying, and the single bathroom is probably our least favorite thing about our current place. However, it is certainly functional, and if it works for our family of five, it can almost certainly work for just you and DH.

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Oct 19 2017, 3:11 pm
amother wrote:
only you can answer how much you value the second bathroom.

Yes!

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Oct 19 2017, 3:12 pm
amother wrote:

It's often easier to save money before there are children in the mix. Once there are kids there are many more expenses that keep cropping up. I think you should keep that in mind - even if your money isn't at all tight now, will the extra $700 a month invested now (or saved up to buy a house rather than going down the drain in rent), help you be more financially stable in the future?

Ruchel

Post Thu, Oct 19 2017, 3:53 pm
I calculated. 700 dollars is what I pay for two children, and I don't send to cheap and/or kulo kodesh... So yes it matters
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating