Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Substitute for P3/P4/SETSS provider?

amother

Post Sun, Jul 29 2012, 10:43 pm
I believe I've seen other posts around here revealing that there are some others here who do P3 (or one of the other titles for the same type of service). What happens if you need to take a leave of absence, like after having a baby? Do you get a substitute and sign off for them, or do you officially drop the case for at least that time? I'm a little worried about what will become of my job when I have a baby... I was thinking it would make a lot of sense, especially since I already know the school and most students (don't know who will be new next year but I worked with a lot of the P3 kids already in the past), to get someone to take over the actual in-person work while I stay in touch, make the plans, and direct from a distance. The sub, maybe a student teacher or something like that, would follow my program and then I'd pick it up when I get back, everything would be fairly continuous for both me and the kids with no jarring total teacher switch. However, I'm quite sure the Dept of Ed would totally disapprove of this if they would know about it, the person signing the P3 forms is supposed to provide 100% of the actual service hours in person. They would probably never know, but I am generally way too honest to totally break the rules just because they'll never know. However I just can't see any other way to make this work - find a qualified P3 teacher who wants to take over a few cases for just a month and a half or so, then cancel my P3s and re-send the forms for the sub, by the time they get approved my leave would be half over, then do the same thing in reverse a couple of weeks later...?! And then it would be completely confusing at billing time because the billing department seems to be a bunch of dopes even at the best times, I can just imagine it now - they are going to give me problems billing for month 1 because there's a different teacher named for month 2 and by the time they deal with my month 1 invoices it's already into month 2. And then the same problem is going to happen again at the other end for the other teacher. I just can't see it working out! And we can't just skip a month and a half of services, these kids NEED it! And without the P3's they won't get it because the school certainly isn't funding it privately. I'm sooooo lost as to how to handle this situation... Confused

Oh and if anyone wants to be a substitute P4 provider for a month and a half this Fall/Winter, let me know Wink

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Oct 19 2017, 11:00 pm
Hi. Wondering how you ended up handling this situation with needing a sub

amother
Honeydew

Post Fri, Oct 20 2017, 12:01 am
amother wrote:
Hi. Wondering how you ended up handling this situation with needing a sub

It's pretty straightforward. You contact the related services office at your district and ask them to issue change of provider forms. The parents and substitute need to resubmit the forms and when you're ready to continue working you request change of provider forms again and resubmit. It's annoying but not that complex.

If you're asking about finding a sub that shouldn't be so hard - someone straight out of school (or even in school) may want experience or want to break in to the school you work at etc
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics