Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Lymphatic Malformation

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 16 2017, 9:45 pm
Anyone have a child or know of someone that has a Lymphatic malformation?

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Aug 16 2017, 9:54 pm
Don't know anything about this, but just sending hugs, love and strength from here.

If it's something rare, you may have more luck finding people in the same boat on Facebook.

Refuah sheleima.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, Oct 20 2017, 2:01 pm
bumping up in case someone has info...

MagentaYenta

Post Fri, Oct 20 2017, 2:20 pm
My DD had a thyroglossal cyst which is very similar to a lymphatic malformation on the neck. It didn't present until she was about 13 months old and the neck swelling was noted. Surgery was outpatient and she has had no residual issues.

ETA: She was put on antibiotics to reduce the infection and swelling prior to surgery. IRRC the surgery was done about four days after she completed the course of antibiotics. We took the stitches out about 5 days post op, the incision wasn't deep and was about two inches long. She has fine scar that can only be seen if she tips her neck all the way back.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sat, Oct 21 2017, 11:22 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
My DD had a thyroglossal cyst which is very similar to a lymphatic malformation on the neck. It didn't present until she was about 13 months old and the neck swelling was noted. Surgery was outpatient and she has had no residual issues.

ETA: She was put on antibiotics to reduce the infection and swelling prior to surgery. IRRC the surgery was done about four days after she completed the course of antibiotics. We took the stitches out about 5 days post op, the incision wasn't deep and was about two inches long. She has fine scar that can only be seen if she tips her neck all the way back.

This cyst needs to be treated with sclerotherapy.
anyone experience with this?

MagentaYenta

Post Sat, Oct 21 2017, 11:46 pm
amother wrote:
This cyst needs to be treated with sclerotherapy.
anyone experience with this?

I'm sorry but I can't help you, it's a much newer therapy than what was available 30 years ago.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Jan 07 2018, 12:46 am
bumping this up.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Mar 14 2018, 12:54 pm
bumping up again...
AVM's, VM's or LM's anyone?

shantelle

Post Wed, Mar 14 2018, 3:14 pm
My friend's kid had it (LM). Lot of treatment (and upheaval in their lives) when he was younger but it's years later and he's totally fine now

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Mar 14 2018, 4:11 pm
Do you remember where he had the LM and who treated it?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sat, Apr 28 2018, 11:19 pm
Bump!

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Apr 29 2018, 4:30 am
My daughter has a vm (as I posted on the other thread). She had her first session of sclerotherapy less than 2 weeks ago.
What questions do you have about it?

Last edited by amother on Sun, Apr 29 2018, 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 29 2018, 11:37 am
amother wrote:
My daughter has a vm (as I posted on the other thread). She had her first session of sclerotherapy less than 2 weeks ago.
What questions do you have about it?

Will daven that it be successful! what was the sclerosing agent used?

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Apr 29 2018, 5:08 pm
amother wrote:
Will daven that it be successful! what was the sclerosing agent used? my daughter is having her 4th treatment next week be'H. she was scheduled for treatment in March, but got chicken pox... she had a real bad flare up the last few weeks and has been bleeding daily.
we are hoping she will get bleomycin this time. last treatment was unsuccessful (to our eye. will see what the MRI will say)

Thank you.

They used sodium tetradecyl sulfate (STS). Will find out after second session if it was successful.

(thank you periwinkle)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics