Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
What cereal do you feed your children?
Previous  1  2

rgr

Post Sat, Oct 21 2017, 11:05 pm
Life cereal is expensive and comes tiny boxes.
We go through it like water

lucky14

Post Sat, Oct 21 2017, 11:09 pm
mha3484 wrote:
Puffins

I was going to suggest Puffins also. Maybe the fact that there's an animal on the front of the box will make them tempting? Cinnamon flavor is good.

Kashi Heart to heart is another suggestion.

Rice Krispies.

Shredded wheat with a bit of sugar sprinkled on.

lucky14

Post Sat, Oct 21 2017, 11:15 pm
amother wrote:
I'm talking about the regular multigrain ones (not the whole wheat, which I find are tasteless). If that's the case, how come they taste so sweet?

you can always try mixing one of the sweeter ones with the plain ones to cut back on their sugar intake.

rachelbg

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 12:19 am
Crispix, kix, chex, cheerios

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 12:32 am
Honestly, cereal is a really poor start to the day. Even the few (very few) cereals that aren't candy dressed up as breakfast have little nutritional value, especially for breakfast.

DrMom

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 12:49 am
amother wrote:
My 8 year old doesn't always want cereal for breakfast, but when she does, she only wants froot loops. Can anyone recommend a cereal that your kids like, besides cheerios, that I can introduce to my daughter? TIA

- It will vary by child. Not al kids like the same thing. Buy stuff and experiment.

- If you want to know how much sugar is in cereal, check the nutrition info on the side of the box.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 2:49 am
Oatmeal either cooked or cold with milk and a little brown sugar. Or cream of wheat.
If I made, granola bars.

yitel

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 2:57 am
Tannug multi bran with flax, my kids add in craisen, mini chic chips, chia, flax, etc. sometimes banana slices, kiwi, blueberries, yogurt whatever they fancy. They love it and it’s healthy!

Ruchel

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 4:48 am
My children like chocolate cereals, or colory ones. Or sometimes plain kelloggs/corn flakes (or those with the glaze).

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 8:40 am
I give my kids things that are fast to eat (and prepare). Crackers and juice, cookies and milk, hot cocoa and tea biscuits, toast\cream cheese... takes longer for little kids to eat cereal & milk.1-2 times a month they might want cereal and I give them what they want - we do not say no to sugary cereals -could be frosted flakes, cocoa pebbles, raisin bran.. Buy a variety and see what works for you but in general cereal is not our first choice in the morning.

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 3:14 pm
I know many people who only do sugary cereals for shabbos, and regular cereals during the week.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 4:38 pm
Annies makes cocoa bunnies that my kids like.
Corn flakes
Rice crispies

onlyone

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 10:12 pm
Im in the mood to be honest. My parents wouldnt buy sugar cereals when I was a kid, so I wanted to for my kids. I buy Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Reese Puffs, and they also eat Cherrios. but more often than not they eat waffles that you can stick in the toaster. You may think my kids eat alot of sugar, but oh well!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children