Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
How to get 3 year old to sleep with blanket?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 6:00 am
Fall is coming to Israel, nights are getting chillier and our children's rooms are badly insulated. I don't want to spend a fortune on heating. A good blanket should fix that problem, but our 3 year old ds kicks his blanket away several times every night and then wakes up and complains about being cold. We tuck him in as good as possible and stick the ends of the blanket underneath the mattress, but he always gets that blanket off again in his sleep and doesn' t manage to cover himself up again when he wakes up. Any suggestions?

cinnamon

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 6:04 am
Warmer PJs?
My kids sometimes go to sleep with three layers (undershirt, warm pajamas and a sweatshirt) because I know they won't stay under the covers.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 6:30 am
How about an overall pyjama?

ProudMommie

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 6:54 am
If you figure it out please advise.Smile my son kicked off his blanket when he was several days old...and is holding strong 8 yrs later lol. We dress him as warmly as we can during the night.

pesek zman

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 8:11 am
Sleeping bag?

DrMom

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 9:25 am
- sleepsack
- sleeping bag
- warmer PJs

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 3:12 pm
My kid doesn't sleep with a blanket either, she's already 4. We do keep her heat on more than ours, but the room doesn't need to be warmer than 20 degrees celsius. For some even 18 degrees is ok (I personally get too cold below 20, but my daughter was fine at 18 or 19 degrees). At age 3 (before she was toilet trained at night), we dressed her in 3 layers of pajamas - sleeveless undershirt, cotton pajama shirt and pants and socks, fleece zip-up one-piece footed pajamas. This was plenty warm, warmer than an actual blanket. . . If it was super cold, we'd take out the undershirt and put 2 full layers of cotton pajamas and socks under the fleece zip-up one-piece footed pajamas. If already trained at night, just use fleece pajama shirt and pants and extra fuzzy socks instead of the one-piece and tuck the cotton and fleece shirts into the pants so she can go to the bathroom (and teach her how to tuck it back in if she wants).

Another good thing we did was teach her how to put her blanket back on by herself. We bought her toddler size blankets so she could manage them (in terms of size and weight) by herself, and kept one or two around the edge of her bed. If she was really cold, she learned to pull one on.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics