Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Protein powder is it kosher?

amother
Azure

Post Sat, Oct 21 2017, 7:33 pm
We have a really strict rule of only kosher in Home even though my teen doesn’t keep kosher. He just brought home c4 powder and muscle milk protein powder. Does anyone know if this is kosher.

cholenteater

Post Sat, Oct 21 2017, 7:59 pm
amother wrote:
We have a really strict rule of only kosher in Home even though my teen doesn’t keep kosher. He just brought home c4 powder and muscle milk protein powder. Does anyone know if this is kosher.

Muscle milk powder is not kosher, there is no hashgacha on it. We called the OU, which certifies the muscle milk ready to drink, and they said the powder is not but the drink is.
Not sure about c4 powder.
Maxihealth makes a nice variety of protein powders. Best in a shake or blender. Where are you located? Protien powder is not cheap... My husband just told me of a pharmacy that is having a big sale on maxihealth products, in case you would like to buy. I also have a some open containers of you would like. For sure one, maybe 2

Hugs Hug

cbg

Post Sat, Oct 21 2017, 8:02 pm
There are some pea/rice protein powders that are kosher and parve.

amother
Azure

Post Sat, Oct 21 2017, 8:15 pm
Thank you both so much for replying so fast. He purposely doesn’t want to buy the “jewish” brand. Was hoping to find something ou-d. I told him the muscle milk has to go but hoping my rav or someone will let me know about the c4. It does not have gelatin in it so I’m not sure. Thanks again for quick reply!

lavenderchimes

Post Sat, Oct 21 2017, 9:29 pm
C4 doesn't have any certification. Nutrabio, Garden of Life, Tera's Whey, Bob's Red Mill all have protein powder with some kind of kosher symbol. And there are others. Hatzlacha!

essie14

Post Sat, Oct 21 2017, 9:42 pm
Herbalife is kosher and not a "jewish" brand

sweetart

Post Sat, Oct 21 2017, 10:21 pm
I buy Nutrabio whey protein isolate, which is OU-D, and not a "kosher brand".

Ruchel

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 12:52 am
Is meat kosher? The kosher one is.

Try Foreverlean, Sunwarrior, some Kot products

saralem

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 7:52 am
Try Orgain.

asmileaday

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 8:45 am
Nutra-bio is great and not crazy expensive.

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 10:58 am
Thank you so much Everyone. I see I do have lots of options for protein powder. Gave him choices and he is looking into them. What about the c4/cretin. Does anyone know if that’s ok or if there is a kosher alternative?

saralem

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 11:46 am
My dh used to use a creatine powder that came in a black canister. I think he got it on amazon or koshervitamins.com.

justmarried

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 7:09 pm
I've been drinking Premier Protein Shakes. They are OUD and come in several flavors, but I like the chocolate the best. It has 30g of protein and very little sugar. I buy it in bulk from Costco, but I've seen it in walmart and Amazon as well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen