Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Do you think you’re prettier than airbrushed celebrities
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

iammom

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 9:31 am
I think so. I'd just need to hire a personal trainer and a chef, get a tummy tuck, implants, removal of stretch marks and I'd be good to go!
Oh, and a full time nanny so I can get my sleep and have time to go to the spa.

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 9:32 am
Why would I even want to be a celebrity. Firstly, beauty is in the eye of the beholder... Also celebrities have their fair share of likers and dislikers.

Sometimes you see "very pretty people" that are not attractive and an average person charming! Beauty is from within. Happiness actually gives you a glow and is truly from within.

Don't take this the wrong way.. Im curious, why are you asking?

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 9:41 am
amother wrote:
Why would I even want to be a celebrity. Firstly, beauty is in the eye of the beholder... Also celebrities have their fair share of likers and dislikers.

Sometimes you see "very pretty people" that are not attractive and an average person charming! Beauty is from within. Happiness actually gives you a glow and is truly from within.

Don't take this the wrong way.. Im curious, why are you asking?

Just for fun I guess? Didn’t think too deeply into it.

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 10:22 am
amother wrote:
Wow, I feel the opposite! My definition of pretty is someone who takes great care of herself and looks put together. To me, if someone has a nice figure and pretty face but can’t do her makeup and hair nicely and doesn’t dress nicely, she has potential but is not necessarily attractive. Someone who takes excellent care of her skin, her figure, her hair, her teeth, and is well-dressed, that is extremely attractive even if she starts with an average base.

Someone who makes themselves attractive for others is someone who wants to be seen as attractive to others. She may succeed but it doesn't mean she will be naturally pretty. If you take the dressing and hairdo away, like you say, she'll have an average base. I'm talking about people who wake up in the morning and look attractive vs people who need to make themselves look attractive. Also, things like wrinkles are largely genetic so there are people who take care of their skin who need foundation but still have wrinkles when it comes off.

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 10:47 am
Definitely. Without a doubt.
And the nice thing is my husband always tells me that I'm prettier than any model out there Smile

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 11:20 am
I already do look that good

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 11:33 am
I see way prettier people in real life than any Hollywood star, and without all that gunk and junk. There are a handful of Hollywood women that I think are pretty, the rest are average to me, with their makeup and all.
Which Hollywood star do you think is pretty? Should I start a spinoff?

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 11:44 am
amother wrote:
Someone who makes themselves attractive for others is someone who wants to be seen as attractive to others. She may succeed but it doesn't mean she will be naturally pretty. If you take the dressing and hairdo away, like you say, she'll have an average base. I'm talking about people who wake up in the morning and look attractive vs people who need to make themselves look attractive. Also, things like wrinkles are largely genetic so there are people who take care of their skin who need foundation but still have wrinkles when it comes off.

Who said she does it for others?
Also, just to clarify: my opinion is that people who have nice skin, hair, nails, teeth, etc...I.e. all signs of health and vitality, are naturally pretty. When they wake up in the morning, even if they don’t have a straight nose or big eyes, they are prettier to me than someone with blessed features but poor self-care. Again, this is just a sense of what different people focus on. I understand where you’re coming from too, but I don’t find people pretty just because they have good features.
Re the wrinkles, I actually find some wrinkles to be quite beautiful e.g. smile lines!

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 1:04 pm
amother wrote:
Who said she does it for others?
Also, just to clarify: my opinion is that people who have nice skin, hair, nails, teeth, etc...I.e. all signs of health and vitality, are naturally pretty. When they wake up in the morning, even if they don’t have a straight nose or big eyes, they are prettier to me than someone with blessed features but poor self-care. Again, this is just a sense of what different people focus on. I understand where you’re coming from too, but I don’t find people pretty just because they have good features.
Re the wrinkles, I actually find some wrinkles to be quite beautiful e.g. smile lines!

It's not that they do it for someone else necessarily, but other people will notice. So for example, someone who makes themselves attractive with nice clothes etc. will be noticed by other people (e.g. other women and perhaps other men). Someone who wakes up naturally beautiful without the trimmings will be noticed by their DH. Personally, I want my DH to notice me, not other people.

Re: nice skin - some people have nice skin without doing anything and other people have poor skin despite using a lot of creams. How naturally beautiful someone is isn't necessarily related to how much self-care they put in. Some people have naturally white or straight teeth. Others use lots of whitening products and still have yellowing teeth.

glamourmom

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 1:28 pm
I think most celebs are average looking without makeup. and when they're called gorgeous on their barefaced photos it's just cuz we know what bombshells they are with makeup.

to answer the op, yes with their stylists and MUA I can look just as beautiful. I think we all can. even minus the face lift, tummy tuck and other plastic surgery.

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 2:27 pm
If I lost 50 lbs and did some tummy surgery to get a flat stomach.

I can make my face very pretty with about $100 worth of make up and a decent sheital. My husband thinks I am very pretty (even without make up although this is less true at 40 then it was at 20) and tells me so all the time. (alas he is brutally honest and tells me I am overweight too so I know this is true and he's not just saying it)

I have a sister in law who I truly believe to be prettier then almost any hollywood star, with a figure to match and a great sense of style.

Not all hollywood stars are beautiful, or meant to be beautiful. Some are just average looking or have distinctive or unusual features which set them apart. You need ugly and plain people in movies too!

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 4:48 pm
I think I'm pretty even without makeup and more so with makeup but dh never tells me that. we have a good marriage and bedroom life. I wonder if he doesn't care about looks or he doesn't see. sometimes it bothers me more than other times like when I'm dressed for a close simcha and he will not notice or compliment me at all. I'll get compliments for family and friends but not him. so much for the more-than-average looks Hashem gave me.
I'm not bragging; I don't think I'm gorgeous and I know I can lose some weight but I'm happy with my overall looks which mean nothing to DH. I learned to live with it.

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 4:51 pm
Yes. I am way prettier than a lot of models.

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 6:30 pm
amother wrote:
I think I'm pretty even without makeup and more so with makeup but dh never tells me that. we have a good marriage and bedroom life. I wonder if he doesn't care about looks or he doesn't see. sometimes it bothers me more than other times like when I'm dressed for a close simcha and he will not notice or compliment me at all. I'll get compliments for family and friends but not him. so much for the more-than-average looks Hashem gave me.
I'm not bragging; I don't think I'm gorgeous and I know I can lose some weight but I'm happy with my overall looks which mean nothing to DH. I learned to live with it.

Do you ever ask him "what do you think? How do I look?"

Librarian

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 8:14 pm
I'm guessing those of you who think you could be as beautiful (or more) than a beautiful celebrity has never seen one in person. I saw Kathrine Heigle in Saks she was not wearing a stitch of makeup, hair in pony with a baseball cap and in jeans. I did not realize who she was exactly at first but I and everyone else around her could not take our eyes off her. As if she were from another improved planet. My father saw Michelle Pfeiffer at a basketball game very casual and said the movies don't do her justice. We are talking about a % of a % of the human race. And don't minimize the allure of youth - check out pictures of Bette Davis and Lucille Ball as very young women - they were once stunning!

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 8:18 pm
Never. I'm too short.

amother
White

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 8:34 pm
Maybe after a nose job.

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 8:35 pm
amother wrote:
Never. I'm too short.

A lot of celebs are very short. Kim K is around 5'!

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 8:55 pm
No. But DH doesn't have the option of being with those celebrities so it's no problem.

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 8:59 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
A lot of celebs are very short. Kim K is around 5'!

Why did I get hugged for that post?
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics