Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What have you done out of your comfort zone?
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 9:36 pm
I decided to train to be a dog groomer. I never had any pets of any kind before. It was scary!

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 10:13 pm
got married b'H at age 17.4 in the country I hail from and a month after our marriage we moved to live in Israel.

I make many mistakes when trying to speak Ivrit, and some are very embarassing, but I forge ahead and laugh at my mistakes. This is one of the ways to learn the language - through making mistakes and thus learning the correct word.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 10:31 pm
I visit a disabled and blind lady. This makes me so nervous. I'm always petrified she's going to fall.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 11:00 pm
after close to 20 years of marriage, I am starting to stand up for myself and making therapy a priority for me.

funnily enough, therapist keeps saying to me that I am surprisingly normal and everyone around me is crazy;)) (I live with a lot of crazy and struggle daily bc of it)

really love this thread!

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 11:33 pm
Calling a therapist for the first time. I called and hung up a few times. So glad I did it though.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 11:42 pm
Cleaned up my baby who played in the contents of another child's diaper

Went back to school after a really difficult event knowing everyone would be talking about me

Went to the dentist

Had another baby in the hospital after promising myself I'd never do it again

Apologized to DH before he apologized to me

Learned a new way of interacting with a more challenging child

...I could probably go on. I think I was blessed with a very narrow comfort zone Smile

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 10:48 am
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
I have a fear of deep water. Each time I toivel in the mikvah I am out of my comfort zone but I quietly tell Hashem to protect me that I shouldn't choke on the water since I'm doing the mitzvah for him.

Ditto

ImaLAEma

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 12:13 pm
I love this thread. It's so positive. Kol hakavod to all of you and thanks for the inspiration. I have an idea for a business I want to start. I am way out of my comfort zone and scared to death. But I am really going to try!

Boca00

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 12:27 pm
ImaLAEma wrote:
I love this thread. It's so positive. Kol hakavod to all of you and thanks for the inspiration. I have an idea for a business I want to start. I am way out of my comfort zone and scared to death. But I am really going to try!

Good luck!!
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics