Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Fios says they are different internet and better. True?

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 7:09 pm
Im the op from the thread about fios lying about discounts and then not honoring it. I called up Verizon to cancel fios but they told me that theyre internet works differently and faster and better than other companies. I tried researching online and it seems that they do have something better and faster but I dont know enough about internet to tell. So is there a difference, and is it faster and better than optimum? Right now we dont have the fastest or slowest option that fios offers, somewhere in the middle. Does optimum also offer different speeds and which one is best?

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 8:04 pm
Fios is fiber optic cable, different than cable or dsl internet. We just switched from cable to fios and it has been a lot better. Faster and it doesn't cut out all the time like our cable internet did. We are also paying less now, only 40$ for the next two years and an extra $15 for a phone line. Much more reasonable than the $80 for just internet I was paying on cable. I don't live in ny/nj though

doctorima

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 9:40 pm
Optimum is far faster than Fios and usually cheaper too. Optimum does offer several different speeds, but as a new customer, you'll be eligible for very generous pricing for the first year or two, so just call and see what they offer you. It will be a major upgrade from Fios.

Sebastian

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 9:40 pm
Optimum offers the same speeds as verizon.

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 10:32 pm
doctorima wrote:
Optimum is far faster than Fios and usually cheaper too. Optimum does offer several different speeds, but as a new customer, you'll be eligible for very generous pricing for the first year or two, so just call and see what they offer you. It will be a major upgrade from Fios.

It must depend where you live. Fios has been the best in my experience and all the other people I talk to.

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Oct 24 2017, 6:40 pm
amother wrote:
It must depend where you live. Fios has been the best in my experience and all the other people I talk to.

In brooklyn, is fios much better?

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Oct 24 2017, 6:43 pm
amother wrote:
In brooklyn, is fios much better?

It was better in Manhattan and now in NJ.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Oct 24 2017, 7:12 pm
I think some people must be getting confused between Verizon DSL and FIOS.

The former is meh, the latter is better than cable. (Not available where I live now, alas!)

ra_mom

Post Tue, Oct 24 2017, 8:18 pm
Fios is better than Optimum but if you weren't getting their top speeds anyway then Optimum is a good choice.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries