Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
When is the right time to visit HS yeshivas?

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 3:51 pm
Is it now or in a few months? Looking for a HS for my oldest DS for next year and tried a few months ago and got "blown off." I don't want to he annoying. Now that YT is past is it still too early to set up a tour?

momX4

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 4:12 pm
most HS have entrance exams next month. Some will have an open house before. Call and ask. Ask your current ds's yeshiva for assistance.

cm

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 4:40 pm
Now.

The schools in my area have various recruitment events such as tours, parlor meetings and open houses starting now through November. The application window also starts soon, with applications due from end of November through mid December, depending on the school. (This is in my MO world. It may be different in other types of communities).

If your son is in a Jewish school that routinely sends kids to yeshiva high school, the guidance counselor or someone serving in that capacity should know all the details, and should be sending home notices with important information and dates. If you haven't heard anything, ask.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Oct 24 2017, 5:01 am
Better early, even years, than late.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics