Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Title One teachers anyone?

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 7:13 pm
Does anyone here do Title 1?
I want to hear the good, bad and the ugly. Smile
I am seriously considering it- but want to hear from others first. I am located in Brooklyn and want to do it through Catapult. Are there even any other agencies that do it here?

Do you enjoy your job? Is it a lot of work? What's the pay like and do you get paid on time?

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Dec 12 2016, 8:22 am
bump

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Dec 12 2016, 9:53 am
I used to work for Higher School, based in BP. Graduated and got a new job. Basically you work for the agency, in a school, for a nice wage considering some of the other options. Higher School pay per hour, Catapult I think it's weekly/monthly or something like that.

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Mar 23 2017, 7:49 pm
bump

n

Post Sun, Oct 29 2017, 7:13 am
Hey! Wondering the same! I finished my BA and work mornings in kindergarten in brooklyn...finances are gonna be tight and thinking of adding this to my afternoons. Anyone can tell me approx how much they make per hour? Thanks!

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Oct 29 2017, 7:42 am
Hi
I have taught for title one.
The pay is different in every city.
There is a lot of annoying paperwork. Ur schedule is never set as it depends on when the classroom teachers want to send u student. Also many years you don't really start teaching until a month or two after the school year starts .

seeker

Post Sun, Oct 29 2017, 2:24 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
Hi
I have taught for title one.
The pay is different in every city.
There is a lot of annoying paperwork. Ur schedule is never set as it depends on when the classroom teachers want to send u student. Also many years you don't really start teaching until a month or two after the school year starts .
Schools I have worked in always had a set schedule for title 1. This sounds unusual and not ok.

n

Post Sun, Oct 29 2017, 2:37 pm
Thanks! I know the school I work in offers title one to students during set hours, before I approach that department I want to know some sort of salary ol ballpark...can anyone help me? In Brooklyn
Thank you

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Oct 29 2017, 2:46 pm
n wrote:
Thanks! I know the school I work in offers title one to students during set hours, before I approach that department I want to know some sort of salary ol ballpark...can anyone help me? In Brooklyn
Thank you

The services are usually provided through an agency that has a contract with the school, and not through the school directly . A popular agency in Brooklyn is Catapult.

Eta: I see that I'm actually the op of this thread.Wink

seeker

Post Sun, Oct 29 2017, 3:09 pm
I'm not up to date but last time I was I think the salary was in the $25-30/hour range.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Oct 29 2017, 3:33 pm
seeker wrote:
I'm not up to date but last time I was I think the salary was in the $25-30/hour range.

My research last year showed me that the salary is $45-50 per period (which is 45 minutes). It's across the board, not per diem .

seeker

Post Sun, Oct 29 2017, 4:21 pm
amother wrote:
My research last year showed me that the salary is $45-50 per period (which is 45 minutes). It's across the board, not per diem .

Can you please pm me where you saw those rates (if you don't want to post here)? That's quite nice for just a BA and I know someone looking for a position.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Oct 29 2017, 4:27 pm
seeker wrote:
Can you please pm me where you saw those rates (if you don't want to post here)? That's quite nice for just a BA and I know someone looking for a position.

Done Wink

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Dec 02 2018, 10:45 am
What sort of degree does one need to teach title 1?

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Dec 02 2018, 10:56 am
amother wrote:
What sort of degree does one need to teach title 1?

It depends on where you’re located and the agency’s requirements,
In Brooklyn - a BA
In Monsey I have relatives doing it without any degree.

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Dec 02 2018, 1:46 pm
amother wrote:
It depends on where you’re located and the agency’s requirements,
In Brooklyn - a BA
In Monsey I have relatives doing it without any degree.

The reason I ask is that the school suggested dd go out for title 1 reading but I think she does better with the 1st grade teacher in class. We are in Brooklyn.

octopus

Post Sun, Dec 02 2018, 1:49 pm
I also thought it is just a BA. It is in a smaller group so for kids that are struggling that could be really helpful. Only certain neighborhoods are eligible for title 1.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics