Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Difficult toddler

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Oct 29 2017, 10:47 pm
Our 3 year old son is extremely difficult and I find myself yelling at him so much and it breaks my heart. But he almost never listens! He is obsessed with doing things he’s not allowed to do. He wants to break/take apart anthing he can. He does not play with toys appropriately (even though he knows how to) and instead will dump them, throw them etc. often breaking the toy and denting the walls. He refuses to use utensils when he eats, throws his food all over the floor, and then runs out the kitchen with food and dirty hands touching anything he can to make walls/furniture dirty. It’s exhausting having him home. I’ve tried so many different activities with him and everything ends up being a disaster. It’s so hard having him home! We’ve tried everything from praise when he behaves, reward sticker charts, being really strict, being really silly etc. (he loves being silly and when we are silly with him but how long can we possibly be silly?). It’s so difficult taking him anywhere bec he will tabtrum loudly when he doesn’t get his way and not only is it frustrating it’s embarrasing. We are invited out for shabbos meals and often say no because of this child in particular. We’ve spent so much money on new toys/Games/books we think he will like but nothing works! He loses interest in anything that anlther child enjoys for ages. Please help us be better parents to this child 😩😱

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Oct 29 2017, 11:45 pm
Did you have him evaluated by anyone yet? My son was also very difficult at certain point until his speech therapist figure out the issues.....a bit different scenario than yours. Hatzlacha and hope you get the right help asap! I know how hard it can be!!! Hugs!

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Oct 30 2017, 10:37 am
He’s a preemie, I got him evaluated as a baby so he gets speech and OT.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)