Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Attn: lkwd moms-school bday cut-off/deadline

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Oct 31 2017, 10:19 pm
my DD's Bday is mid November. she is turning 3 now and wondering if she will be able to go to school in 2 years time or if I'll have to keep her 'back' due to her birthdate.

I need to know in regards to signing her up for playgroup for next yr.

what are most girl school's birthday deadlines?

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Oct 31 2017, 10:22 pm
amother wrote:
my DD's Bday is mid November. she is turning 3 now and wondering if she will be able to go to school in 2 years time or if I'll have to keep her 'back' due to her birthdate.

I need to know in regards to signing her up for playgroup for next yr.

what are most girl school's birthday deadlines?

My experience was that they'll evaluate a December kid anyone january to November is usually in the grade December they sometimes recommend making into the oldest in the class

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Oct 31 2017, 10:30 pm
When my late-December kid was 3.5 one smart Morah gave me advice to put him into a younger/regular 4yo group, rather than a 3yo. This way the following year I'd have options to send him either to primary or to a different 4yo group that does older 4s and repeats for kids who aren't quite ready for primary.

my early-December girl went with a regular 3-yo group when she was 2y8mos, and following year went to a school kindergarten.
I had clarified with the school that their cutoff date was, surprisingly, dec 31. That's Bnos Brocha.

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 12:21 pm
thanks for the info. I specifically want her to go to school when she is almost 5 (in 2 yrs.) as opposed to keeping her back. obviously I can't know if she will for sure be ready at that point but at her stage now I think she will be fine.

I know boys schools are specifically into the oct 31st deadline with hardly budging but I figured girls schools are diff.

so I will look for a reg 4 yr old group so I will hopefully be able to send her to school after that unless anyone else here has a diff experience with other schools in lkwd...

Mommyg8

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 12:26 pm
amother wrote:
thanks for the info. I specifically want her to go to school when she is almost 5 (in 2 yrs.) as opposed to keeping her back. obviously I can't know if she will for sure be ready at that point but at her stage now I think she will be fine.

I know boys schools are specifically into the oct 31st deadline with hardly budging but I figured girls schools are diff.

so I will look for a reg 4 yr old group so I will hopefully be able to send her to school after that unless anyone else here has a diff experience with other schools in lkwd...

I think that you can always repeat 4 year old playgroup if you have to. You should definitely put her ahead if you feel she can handle it, and then you will be leaving your options open. I think that most girls schools are ok with November girls if they are on par and everyone feels that she is ready.

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 12:43 pm
I'm applying now for my November daughter. She's turning 4 this year and will iy"H turn 5 in primary. Definitely send her to kindergarten next year, if there's any reason to leave her back you can just find another kindergarten for the following year.

Most schools are fine with November kids, but not all. One school said that their cutoff is November 15. If you have any particular school in mind, you may want to find out when their particular cutoff is.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 2:38 pm
I was just recently talking to a friend of my sister's, whose daughter is in 4 year old playgroup and she wants to keep her back. Her birthday is in November. She's looking into playgroup Morahs for next year that are experienced with repeat-4-year-olds.

This is definitely not a decision you have to make now, OP. See how she does in 4-year-olds next year. You will likely send her to a younger group anyway, so you have the option of repeating her to an older group if there's any reason to do so.

I haven't heard of the schools giving parents trouble specifically for November kids, though if a playgroup Morah would feel it's indicated (yes they do call the playgroup Morahs) they might ask for an evaluation.

Mommyg8

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 2:40 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I haven't heard of the schools giving parents trouble specifically for November kids, though if a playgroup Morah would feel it's indicated (yes they do call the playgroup Morahs) they might ask for an evaluation.

Some schools are ok with November kids, but some schools (and I do have a specific school in mind) are not so ok. It's a good idea to check with the school that you plan to send to.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children