Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Shaper for Tichel

artsy

Post Sat, Nov 04 2017, 9:25 pm
If you have tried different ones, which one is your favorite and why?

miribn

Post Thu, Dec 21 2017, 4:57 pm
My favorite shaper is the Cloud Nine Smile The reason I really like it is because its not too large/high and gives a nice shape in the back and all around.

PassionFruit

Post Thu, Dec 21 2017, 5:12 pm
I just wear a chenille snood underneath. Keeps everything in place, gives slight volume, but avoids looking like an egg head (I know, a lot of people like the egg head look, just not me).

papermageling

Post Thu, Dec 21 2017, 11:34 pm
I like the Wendy shaper with almost all of the stuffing taken out. I want just a bit of volume but mostly to have the back of my head look smooth instead of bumpy. But I need the space in the Wendy because my head is very large. And I think the band runs a bit looser than the Cloud9 too, which is very helpful for me.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Dec 24 2017, 10:19 pm
My favorite is one I got from Wendy before Wrapunzel found her! I want to send it to her so she can make me a few more (she told me she doesn't remember how she made them and doesn't have a pattern). I tried the ultimate and the signature and one is too much and one is too little. The beret one I got from Wendy before Wrapunzel times as well and I didn't like it. Too loose for me and hard to figure out the shape. Never tried Cloud 9.

L K

Post Sun, Dec 24 2017, 10:53 pm
Cloud9. Snug fit, decent shape (a bit too toward the top rather than toward the back but I try to smooth it down), no Velcro to snag. Keep in mind every shaper is a bit different size. I tried on several new cloud9's, and band lengths are a bit different, some smaller some roomier.

I first had signature, absolutely loved the shape and size but it has Velcro that ends up snagging scarves. Also my signature had thicker, firmer, sturdier velvet than Wendy and cloud9. Could be priginally velvet quality was a bit different.

Wendy is too loose for me, both band length and shape. I could take in the seam to make it more snug but seem would be bulkyish.
Shape is a problem for me. Original amount of stuffing is too much for my body size and head shape. I took out some of the stuffing and it's kind of shapeless. I can smoothe it all I want but it ends up flopping too much to the sides, and I don't like the shape to be wide. I have to tie a scarf tightly over it to force it into shape, which is not too pleasant but kinda tolerable. It ends up losing shape anyway.

BadTichelDay

Post Mon, Dec 25 2017, 3:20 am
I've got some no-name shaper but I don't like it, it's too tight and heavy and I didn't buy any others after that. So I invented my own method. I've got short hair with very little volume. What works best for me is a thin tichel underneath the outer scarf. I put a loose ball of crumpled up tissue inside the thin tichel to create a moderate egg-head shape. Depending on how much tissue I use, I can make it bigger or smaller. Then I wrap the outer scarf more or less Wrapunzel-style around it. It's very light and not tight at all that way. Disadvantages: can be a bit lumpy at times and the egg head is smaller than with a real shaper.
But if done carefully, it can look perfectly good - I also have a lot of "good tichel days" Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels