Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
West heampstead yeshivish area- or other ideas

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Nov 05 2017, 7:09 pm
We live in flatbush and dh commutes to queens every day. We are looking for a nice warm low key community with houses under 550. We have never lived in lkwd and neither of us are fans of everyone belongs in their own box there but dh did learn in bmg when he was single and is defintely a product of the yeshivish system. He wears black and white every day and always wears hat and jacket to davening. Would the yeshivish area of west heampstead be a decent fit for us or any other places we should look into.

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Nov 05 2017, 7:34 pm
I live in West Hempstead. There is no "yeshivish area" here.
Though we are a nice warm low key community with houses under 550.

You might feel more at home in Far Rockaway. I don't know what houses cost there, or if it is warm and low-key.

artz

Post Sun, Nov 05 2017, 7:36 pm
West hempstead is an extremely nice community. They recently opened a shul more like the agudah. I have cousins who live there and there are many frummer yeshivish families moving in there. If you want you can pm and I can get you in touch with my cousins

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Nov 05 2017, 7:41 pm
artz wrote:
West hempstead is an extremely nice community. They recently opened a shul more like the agudah. I have cousins who live there and there are many frummer yeshivish families moving in there. If you want you can pm and I can get you in touch with my cousins

"Yeshivish" meaning the men learn in Yeshiva? Nope, not one family like that here. The men all work full time. OP is that what you meant? Avoiding labels would be helpful. There are men here who wear a black hat on Shabbos. I couldn't tell you about weekday davening.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Nov 05 2017, 7:41 pm
I'm among the more RW "element" in West Hempstead and we're definitely not yeshivish. I don't know that anyone around here really is. But more RW types are moving in, and we're very happy here. Very down to earth and nice people of all stripes.

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Nov 05 2017, 9:37 pm
amother wrote:
"Yeshivish" meaning the men learn in Yeshiva? Nope, not one family like that here. The men all work full time. OP is that what you meant? Avoiding labels would be helpful. There are men here who wear a black hat on Shabbos. I couldn't tell you about weekday davening.

Dh is not in yeshiva. He works in queens and we are looking for a nice low key affordable community nearby. I dont mean to label. In fact I would love a community with all different types of people living together and interacting. Thats how it was how I grew up oot. I am just trying to figure out if my crowd is there at all. I dont want to be the ods one out.

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Nov 06 2017, 11:17 am
amother wrote:
Dh is not in yeshiva. He works in queens and we are looking for a nice low key affordable community nearby. I dont mean to label. In fact I would love a community with all different types of people living together and interacting. Thats how it was how I grew up oot. I am just trying to figure out if my crowd is there at all. I dont want to be the ods one out.

West Hemsptead definitely has lots of different types of people and an "OOT" feel. I do think you could be happy here.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating