Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Detergent allergy?

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Nov 07 2017, 7:24 am
The last few days I've had an itchy rash all over my body. It's not an illness and the only thing I can think of is detergent. I did get a different detergent than usual last week because it was on sale. Nobody else in my family seems to have a problem. Anyway, what now? Do I need rewash everything? Also, will an oatmeal bath help? I'm really itchy!

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Nov 07 2017, 9:37 am
Cheap detergents can be incredibly strong and irritate the skin. I had that problem with Xtra. I needed to rewash EVERYTHING from linen to clothing.

Did you recently stop any topical or oral medications? That may also be a cause.

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Nov 07 2017, 9:37 am
Take a bit of bendryl for itch relief.

Mevater

Post Tue, Nov 07 2017, 9:42 am
Which are the good fragrance-free less likely to be allergenic detergents?

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Nov 07 2017, 9:55 am
amother wrote:
Cheap detergents can be incredibly strong and irritate the skin. I had that problem with Xtra. I needed to rewash EVERYTHING from linen to clothing.

Did you recently stop any topical or oral medications? That may also be a cause.

Interesting. Xtra is what I usually use. This was a store brand version of Tide. I'm not generally particularly sensitive, but clearly something didn't agree with me here.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry