Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby left alone in hospital shabbos room. Wwyd?
Previous  1  2  3

miami85

Post Mon, Nov 06 2017, 9:37 pm
cnc wrote:
And babies are usually tagged/ alarmed so they wouldn't be able to be removed from the floor.

Although, I don't think that this father did the worst thing. He may not have had another choice.

I was thinking this. While there are "scary" and "bad' people, in general I think MOST people visiting a hospital are good people doing good deeds. Its not always a healthy attitude to think that ALL people are out to harm. Hashem runs the world and we have to believe that all good and all bad are from Him and in all liklihood the baby was in no danger. Its not like a hot car or a street corner.

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Nov 07 2017, 3:46 am
In any other situation I would say something if I saw a baby alone. In a hospital room, u have to assume people are going on no sleep and not thinking straight and just offer help, such as staying with the baby.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Nov 07 2017, 7:52 am
amother wrote:
He could have gone in to a disabled toilet and taken the baby with!

You seem to assume there is one, especially on the same floor.

Quote:
Hospital rooms are open and nurses and doctors are in and out.

The few bad stories I heard were hospital rooms.

I do agree that a kidnapper could CHAS VESHALOM cut the bracelet. Yet again most kidnappings do not happen at hospital.

miami85

Post Tue, Nov 07 2017, 8:52 am
in this day and age of "rooming-in" many hospitals no longer have nurseries and likely the father was a newbie and the mommy needed some rest so he needed to leave the baby for a second. I don't blame him for what he did, the Shabbos room was probably the safest place at the moment. Most custodians at hospitals probably want their jobs more than they want to kidnap an infant--infants tend to have their own built-in "alarm" system. Imagine smuggling out a crying baby! I would think that someone who is bent on kidnapping a baby from a hospital would have to be really creative and would've had to plan it out carefully, they aren't going to think "ok, let me check this empty room that people use on Saturdays"

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Nov 07 2017, 3:37 pm
There was a disabled toilet right next to the shabbos room.
The baby was not a newborn but rather a few months old.
You are right though that the father was probably on no sleep and assumed that to be a safe place.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics