Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Coat for 6 Month Old

mushkale

Post Tue, Nov 07 2017, 7:30 pm
What are the recommendations nowadays for coats for infants in car seats? And where can I find one like that?

momof2+?

Post Tue, Nov 07 2017, 7:46 pm
Depends on how freezing it is in your city. I prefer to put a bundle-me in the car seat, then place baby in car seat (while indoors,) cover baby with 2 blankets up to chin and zip up bundle-me. Put a hat on baby's head. It is safer to put baby in car seat without puffy coat as the coat compresses during an accident and child can slip out of straps. It is also easy to pack up baby to go Smile
But: I only could do this because my baby stays in the car seat wrapped up like that the entire time he is out of the house. I don't take him out of the car seat until indoors.

loveit

Post Tue, Nov 07 2017, 7:59 pm
Get one of the shower cap style car seat covers. The bundle me that goes behind the baby is not approved/safe. There should not be anything between the baby and the car seat back and straps except for light clothing. Keep car seat in the house, put baby in fleece foot d sleeper with a onesie underneath and socks on his feet. Strap him in to the seat, then cover with blankets or the shower cap style covers that have a large hole for his head. Add a hat. Absolutely no jackets, I don’t even do a zip up sweatshirt.

poledra

Post Tue, Nov 07 2017, 9:08 pm
loveit wrote:
Get one of the shower cap style car seat covers. The bundle me that goes behind the baby is not approved/safe. There should not be anything between the baby and the car seat back and straps except for light clothing. Keep car seat in the house, put baby in fleece foot d sleeper with a onesie underneath and socks on his feet. Strap him in to the seat, then cover with blankets or the shower cap style covers that have a large hole for his head. Add a hat. Absolutely no jackets, I don’t even do a zip up sweatshirt.

This! It is crazy how many people do not know that bundle me's are not for car seats. They are great for strollers though...

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Nov 07 2017, 9:32 pm
I used this http://www.gap.com/browse/prod.....88002 (not in the car).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics