Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Is this the right bosch?

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Nov 08 2017, 12:13 pm
I just got a Bosh Universal Plus 800 W mixer. Is this the one that everyone has? It looks small. Thanks!

Last edited by amother on Wed, Nov 08 2017, 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

cnc

Post Wed, Nov 08 2017, 12:15 pm
Yes. I've made 6 lbs of challah dough in it.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Nov 08 2017, 12:36 pm
Thank you.
Here is a link of a picture. I feel like my mother's is so much bigger. Is this what you have?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Nov 08 2017, 12:48 pm
You need the stainless bowl and dough hook attachments otherwise the motor will overheat with a 5-6 pound challah dough and it will shut down.

rgr

Post Wed, Nov 08 2017, 1:06 pm
The correct bowl is
Bosch MUZ6ER1 Stainless Steel Bowl
This does not have the center column, so therefore holds more dough.
The motor is on the bottom so it works more efficiently to be able to handle a challah dough.

Do not get the muz6er2, which is also metal but has the center column. (And the dough hook coming from the top)

I got it on eBay for $160. It includes the dough hook.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Nov 08 2017, 1:33 pm
Thank you for of your responses!

Is there a bosch that comes with the correct metal bowel?

Also if I purchase a replacement bowel will it work if the dough hook is meant to go in the middle? Sorry I am not much of a baker and this was a gift but I want to make sure its the correct one before I start toiveling everything.

rgr

Post Wed, Nov 08 2017, 1:57 pm
The Bosch does not come with a metal bowl. It always needs to be purchased separately.

The plastic bowl will work as for batters, cookie doughs etc. But if you want to make challah you will need the metal bowl.

The metal bowl MUZ6ER1should come with its own dough hook that works without the center column.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Nov 08 2017, 5:08 pm
Can I piggyback on this? Does anyone else have an issue with their metal bowl leaking? I've tried replacing the gasket but I guess my seal is not good enough or I'm not putting it in properly...

ra_mom

Post Wed, Nov 08 2017, 7:30 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you for of your responses!

Also if I purchase a replacement bowel will it work if the dough hook is meant to go in the middle? Sorry I am not much of a baker and this was a gift but I want to make sure its the correct one before I start toiveling everything.

The big NY stores like the Buzz carry the entire set. Call them and find out shipping information. The overall price is very competive.

Post Wed, Nov 08 2017, 7:45 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Can I piggyback on this? Does anyone else have an issue with their metal bowl leaking? I've tried replacing the gasket but I guess my seal is not good enough or I'm not putting it in properly...

Sometimes. When I went to a challah baking thing the challah lady said to always put the dry ingredients in first or it will leak. So that’s what I do.

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Nov 09 2017, 6:30 pm
Why can't I make challah dough with the plastic bowel? Has anyone tried to? Thanks so much!!

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 09 2017, 6:38 pm
amother wrote:
Why can't I make challah dough with the plastic bowel? Has anyone tried to? Thanks so much!!

Yes I tried it (by mistake). There went my challah (and my machine!). BH it was fixable. Don't do it on purpose.
I believe it costs $550 for the entire machine, including the challah bowl/hook.

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Nov 09 2017, 6:46 pm
Oh wow, okay. I guess I'll have to buy the metal bowel.

Thank you for your response!

chaya35

Post Thu, Nov 09 2017, 6:47 pm
My white bowl the metal piece on the bottom that connects to the base chipped so doesn't mix well and makes noise. Does anyone know if this is fixable and who in boro park fixes this?

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Nov 09 2017, 6:54 pm
Is this the correct bowel? I think my mixer comes with dough hooks.

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Nov 09 2017, 6:56 pm
Or do I need this one, which is $70 more...

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 09 2017, 7:16 pm
amother wrote:
Is this the correct bowel? I think my mixer comes with dough hooks.

This is not it.

cheerios

Post Thu, Nov 09 2017, 7:31 pm
amother wrote:

I've been making challah dough in my plastic bowl for years and my machine is doing fine. I have the dough hook and I add the ingredients gradually, so I'm not giving it too much to deal with. In the beginning I was planning to get the metal bowl but never ordered it and started baking with the plastic bowl, and that's how it stayed til now.

imasoftov

Post Thu, Nov 09 2017, 8:03 pm
amother wrote:

I think you want a bowl rather than a bowel. Unless you're making kishka.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen